New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2020 | 03:31 AM

Default Ls1 wont start

Did a complete cam swap an stall... ihave power to everything when key is in on.. soon as you goto turn over the car everything goes blank car wont crank or anything... idid put a b&m shifter in am havent wired the new neutral saftey switch but ihave the factory one plugged in an the slide is in park so car should know its in park if im not mistaken... at this point im lost an confused ive got all my grounds grounded ive had starter checked battery checked everything passed.... please can someone guide me in the rite direction!?!?!?
Old 02-25-2020 | 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic
5 Year Member

If the car goes dark when you try to crank the engine over, it is a bad connection if the battery is fully charged like you stated.
The following users liked this post:
cookseyb (02-26-2020)
Old 03-06-2020 | 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Check all of your grounds. Typically every time I've had this problem I either forgot to tighten a ground, or forgot to reconnect one entirely. The Integra that I used to drive had like 6 of them. I forgot to reconnect the one on the valve cover one time and the car went dark when trying to start.
Old 03-07-2020 | 04:37 PM
Teching In

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a loose connection on the negative battery terminal. I tightened that and it fired right up.

Quick Reply: Ls1 wont start