New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Locks/ Windows/ Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020 | 05:54 AM

Default Door Locks/ Windows/ Radio

So I’ve been reading several thread regarding the issues with the BCM. But I’m getting mixed information and I’m trying to pinpoint my issues. Here’s what I’m trying to figure out before I start pulling door panels out:

I have a 2002 Camaro SS. The driver window works fine. The passenger window doesn’t work from either driver/passenger side controls. The radio cuts in and out sometimes. Also, the power locks don’t work- nothing from either control... not even a click.

Could this be the BCM solder issue or do I have multiple issues?

I appreciate any help!
Old 03-07-2020 | 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Time to break out your volt/ohmmeter. As for the windows, the BCM isn't used. Check the connections on the left side window switch as to why the R side doesn't work.

[ Close Window ]Power Windows Schematics

Old 03-07-2020 | 01:20 PM
Pontiacerator
20 Year Member

If the windows and radio cut out and then come back at the same time, it is the BCM. Solder will fix it; I've done it on multiple cars. Additionally you may have a bad power window motor.
Old 03-07-2020 | 01:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Yes, intermittent power windows and radio operation can definitely be related to BCM issues - in fact those are the two most common symptoms. However, the fact that it's only ONE window would suggest otherwise (they should both be affected if it were the BCM).

It may in fact be that you have more than one issue, and the passenger side window motor might simply be dead (you would have to test for power as mentioned above).

Here's a comprehensive thread on the BCM issue in case you haven't already read it: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...blems-fix.html
Old 03-08-2020 | 03:59 AM

Yeah, I think I’ll have to pull the passenger door panel and figure it out.

Any idea on why the power locks might not work? Would it be the acuator for both sides?

Quick Reply: Door Locks/ Windows/ Radio