Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost dual valve spring retainer

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lost dual valve spring retainer

So im currently doing a cam install 223/231with btr 660 dual spring On my 5.3 ls swap and as i was trying to compress the btr dual spring the compressor popped off track and the retainer popped off as well i don’t know where it went but i was wondering if i can just use the stock retainer or a different retainer until i get the replacement part i also do not recommend using the claw valve spring compressor for dual spring setup learned the hard way.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The stock retainer will be a smaller diameter, as it's for a beehive spring, you'll need a retainer with the same dimensions as the btr unit. Not something to gamble on, you don't want the spring moving around under the retainer
The following users liked this post:
RichmodsEverything (05-03-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by MplSS
The stock retainer will be a smaller diameter, as it's for a beehive spring, you'll need a retainer with the same dimensions as the btr unit. Not something to gamble on, you don't want the spring moving around under the retainer
ok yeah thats what I figured I didn’t want to bite the bullet and try it either lol and have my car apart for another couple days lol blocking half my moms drive way thanks again though.

Quick Reply: Lost dual valve spring retainer