Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some people shouldnt have nice cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by apathy
If you drove a cobra, the cobra guy would probably sit and b.s. with you too. What does that have to do with anything?

When's the last time you stopped and had a conversation with a dude in a civic? Does that make you a huge toolbag too?
sure doesnt...did i say anything about the guy stopping to talk to me?? did i say i cared if he did?? i dont care if people rev at me, its not that he revved, its a combination of everything the guy was doing. read my previous post about the guy in the ws6. if it would have been at a light or next to me i would have taken it more as a signal to race. i think the revving part is being blown up too much. these cars were built to make noise i realize that. i dont care that he drove a cobra. like i said earlier i drove side by side with another 03/04 cobra owner and talked for 3 blocks...its called common courtesy.. he could have done somethin other than stare me down and laugh and fly off like he was some bad ***. i simply said i dont appreciate it. i find that real muscle car enthusiast have respect for all muscle cars and dont judge simply by what others drive which brings me back to the title of the thread...SOME PEOPLE SHOULDNT HAVE NICE CARS...maybe it should say "muscle cars" instead of nice cars..people like this guy to truly value the muscle car in general if he acts like an *** to everyone who drives something other than what he has

and as far as ricers go...im a muscle car enthusiast...not an import enthusiast...however i show respect to the ones that deserve to be respected... be a guy in a goofy civic who at least knows how a motor works or in a 900rwhp supra...i dont rev at people when im going the opposite direction..i find that if i want to compliment someone i point and give a thumbs up
Old 07-19-2004, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

I don't mind when the rice do **** like that but I hate sports/muscle car owners that are so ignorant they do **** like that. I had a similar situation. A local guy bought a used C5 from the local Viper shop and I waved hello to him as he passed one day. The guy throws a rev through the stock exhaust and shook his head with a smug look on his face. I'm a pretty mello person but this guy just got the best of me. No one was around so I ripped a U turn in the center lane and chased the bastard down. I threw a nasty rev back at him under a bridge and that got his attention real quick. He pulled into the movie theater and looked at me kind of dumb founded. Before he could say anything I asked him what his deal is and if he wanted to give me a run since he throwing revs and giving me stupid *** looks. He clearly must have been shitting his pants because he goes "ahh I can't, I'm still breaking it in". The best part is that my boss knew the guy and the car is a 98 with 25K miles on it.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

You know, I only have imports rev at me really, normally I see a nice car and somewhat rev mine up a little then hopefully he revs back we talk and we race or just chat. Although I am guilty of revving at cars because I think I am better than them, but I have a reason, there is this guy that lives near me with a V6 Camaro, and he acts like he is the **** and I guess his little "group" thinks he is faster than me or something. I revved on him teh other day and he ran after me and got on my ***. His friends and he always give me dirty looks, even when I am in my bf vette just cruising around. Kinda gay. Another problem I have is imports getting on my *** when I am minding my own business. See, imports HAVE to drive fast to look fast, us domestics with sick sounding exhaust and awesome looking cars, just cruise, and we already look fast

You guys might get a kick out of this story: One night when I as cruising on the strip in Asheville, and Honda Del Sol with about a 50 shot of nitrous and 3 guys in it bet me 2K he could beat me. Dumbass The guys was drunk so i didn't take his money!
Old 07-19-2004, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ws6speedemon
You know, I only have imports rev at me really, normally I see a nice car and somewhat rev mine up a little then hopefully he revs back we talk and we race or just chat. Although I am guilty of revving at cars because I think I am better than them, but I have a reason, there is this guy that lives near me with a V6 Camaro, and he acts like he is the **** and I guess his little "group" thinks he is faster than me or something. I revved on him teh other day and he ran after me and got on my ***. His friends and he always give me dirty looks, even when I am in my bf vette just cruising around. Kinda gay. Another problem I have is imports getting on my *** when I am minding my own business. See, imports HAVE to drive fast to look fast, us domestics with sick sounding exhaust and awesome looking cars, just cruise, and we already look fast
if you have a reason then by all means do what has to be done and put idiots in there place...thats my favorite thing to do..another reason why i love the car...if i get disrespected i wont give/be respectful...

speak very softly and carry a huge baseball bat...forget the stick
Old 07-19-2004, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

yeah,whats up with these ******** that sit next beside you and look straght ahead rev. there god damm shitstangs and really think your gonna race them with the next car 50 ft. in front of you.!I did have another 02 trans am try me about a month ago,I told him and his girl friend that I was gonna make him feel like a shmuck In front of his girl friend,and I did I smoked the hell out of him.they never listen.!!
Old 07-19-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you drove a cobra, the cobra guy would probably sit and b.s. with you too. What does that have to do with anything?

When's the last time you stopped and had a conversation with a dude in a civic? Does that make you a huge toolbag too?
i dont necessarily believe that.its actually funny to go out on the cruise nights here.you will see a bunch of ricers cruising together,lowriders,trucks,fbodies,ect.but around here,i swear,the mustang guys cruise by themselves!they either think they are tough sh*t or no one wants to be around them.i know one guy who has an 03 cobra,i actually just got done talking to him a little while ago.hes one of the nicer guys out there,and he even said most of the mustang guys are d*cks around here.he told me he has wieners with 5.0s and GTs b.s. him all the time about things they are gonna do to their cars to outdo his."cocky bastards" is what he told me.and he cruises with the f-body crowd!

i think a university should do a case study of why jerks are attracted to mustangs.and when someone is giving me props on my car,or i notice one thats impressive,whether its rice,ford,or whatever,im nice enough to wave,or nod or say nice ride.i dont just glare at them or rev to redline with a scowl on my face,thats just stupid.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beast
capt..you dont think with a tune that i could have a chance against a cobra?? im not saying i could...im just curious
I don't think you would beat him per-say, but w/ your mods, you're only running 15-30 HP less than he is. Do it from a dig, and bet on the idea that his car is not only new, but he's never sat behind that much power and can't drive for ****. I wouldn't put money on either one of you. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if you took him down. If you want it to be sure thing, put some NOS on real quick. LMAO then when you guys stop, and he starts to lay down the excuses, (and there WILL BE excuses), just laugh in his face, and tell him to be more carefull about how fast he thinks his big shiney sports car really is, and ask him how much it cost. That'd be classic.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
I don't think you would beat him per-say, but w/ your mods, you're only running 15-30 HP less than he is. Do it from a dig, and bet on the idea that his car is not only new, but he's never sat behind that much power and can't drive for ****. I wouldn't put money on either one of you. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if you took him down. If you want it to be sure thing, put some NOS on real quick. LMAO then when you guys stop, and he starts to lay down the excuses, (and there WILL BE excuses), just laugh in his face, and tell him to be more carefull about how fast he thinks his big shiney sports car really is, and ask him how much it cost. That'd be classic.
the first thing that went through my mind was how nice it would have been to have a nice purge kit to remind him he wasnt the only one who has a power adder....too bad i dont have it though
Old 07-19-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
i dont necessarily believe that.its actually funny to go out on the cruise nights here.you will see a bunch of ricers cruising together,lowriders,trucks,fbodies,ect.but around here,i swear,the mustang guys cruise by themselves!they either think they are tough sh*t or no one wants to be around them.i know one guy who has an 03 cobra,i actually just got done talking to him a little while ago.hes one of the nicer guys out there,and he even said most of the mustang guys are d*cks around here.he told me he has wieners with 5.0s and GTs b.s. him all the time about things they are gonna do to their cars to outdo his."cocky bastards" is what he told me.and he cruises with the f-body crowd!

i think a university should do a case study of why jerks are attracted to mustangs.and when someone is giving me props on my car,or i notice one thats impressive,whether its rice,ford,or whatever,im nice enough to wave,or nod or say nice ride.i dont just glare at them or rev to redline with a scowl on my face,thats just stupid.
You said all that, and look at your signature...You guys crack me up!

I'm not saying you all are cocky either, but come on. I hear enough about how terrible imports are on this board. And we ALL know the LS1 is god's engine and can't be beaten. How do you think that joke started...mustang guys talking about how great the LS1 is?
Old 07-19-2004, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You said all that, and look at your signature...You guys crack me up!

I'm not saying you all are cocky either, but come on. I hear enough about how terrible imports are on this board. And we ALL know the LS1 is god's engine and can't be beaten. How do you think that joke started...mustang guys talking about how great the LS1 is?
ill agree with you here...i have in fact come across people in camaro's and T/A's that do nothing but run their mouth...and to a fellow ls1 owner...that makes it that much worse...and yea i have seen this type of attitude on the boards and i do think its childish...but there is a lot of joking too about the LS1 being God's engine...i obviously find it to be a great engine,but there is always somethiing better(im sure i will get a "nothing is better than the Ls1" statement before this thread is over with)
Old 07-19-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

but there is a lot of joking too about the LS1 being God's engine...i obviously find it to be a great engine,but there is always somethiing better
Yeah the LS6

LS6
Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Yeah the LS6

LS6
LS2

Old 07-19-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

ill agree with you here...i have in fact come across people in camaro's and T/A's that do nothing but run their mouth...and to a fellow ls1 owner...that makes it that much worse...and yea i have seen this type of attitude on the boards and i do think its childish...but there is a lot of joking too about the LS1 being God's engine...i obviously find it to be a great engine,but there is always somethiing better(im sure i will get a "nothing is better than the Ls1" statement before this thread is over with)
Yeah I guess it's to be expected. I have respect for speed...as long as it's got 4 wheels and flies, it's cool in my book!

The LS1 is an amazing piece of work though, no doubt. I'll give it praise all day long.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

my signature is meant as a joke.go on some of the dodge/ford boards and paruse around,you will find alot worse than what i have,some of those guys include your mother if you drive an LS1.and yeah,i have heard the LS1 is the DEMIGOD.the idiots on dodgedakotas.com say that all the time.(i dont go there to start trouble,i go there for tech info on my 02 R/T.)i happen to believe the LS1/LS6 is alot better than anything ford has to offer.

hell,i drive around with LS1tech.com's license plate frame "I pimp slap mustangs".most people find that to be hilarious.even the guy i know with the 03 cobra.so yeah,im gonna poke fun at ford because i dont really like em,but i will give props when props are due,on the street.

Old 07-19-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

one thing ive noticed is theres 2 different kind of revs...

#1...Revs to get attention...to say whats up...or you wanna race, which are kewl with me..

Rev #2 is pull out in front of you then rev to redline stop rev to redline then drive off as fast as they can.....then you think ok...why did he do that...

Old 07-20-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

sometimes the way people drive gets on my nerves, like the imports that come flying up on your ***, today one did that to me, i was like, hmmm, i want to repaint my bumper anyways and get that WS6 emblem I don't have for some ******* reason, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, he didn't hit me and i guess I shouldn't do that because he might not have insurance but it pissed me OFF. I couldn't even see his hood he was so close and I was doing 40 in a 35! on a skinny *** curvey road, needless to say he backed off, then when we came to a light he flicked me off, but who cares, HE ONLY WISHES OR the guy in the SUV that flies past you and swerves in front of you and kicks mud or rocks on your car that is in the road(there is some construction going on around here so there is dirt in teh road in places). Its like, if you were going to slam on your brakes in front of me, why did you pass me?
Old 07-20-2004, 06:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sometimes I just rev because the sound of the exhaust is relaxing.
Other times I rev because the GT guys or the ricers don't know whats sitting next to them, so we come out of the sleeper shell just a bit...
Dan
Old 07-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Now that i think about it, before i got my ws6, I drove the lightning. I dont drive it as much now because I like the ws6 a little better. But when I did drive it I used to look at GT guys like my **** didnt stink, mostly cause i lumped them into the civic/integra catergory= waste of gas. But now that i think about it, you should never do something like that for these reasons:

1.) you NEVER know what they are running under the hood
2.) one man's trash is anothe man's treasure
3.) variety is the spice of life

Old 07-21-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allthatisman

1.) you NEVER know what they are running under the hood
2.) one man's trash is anothe man's treasure
3.) variety is the spice of life

yes... #1 should be noted by all...
Old 07-21-2004, 01:57 PM