Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some people shouldnt have nice cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some people shouldnt have nice cars

me and my buddy were driving yesterday and we came up to a red light. there is this nice looking 03 cobra sitting waiting to turn through the intersection. well when he saw us he actually came up to the middle of the intersection(he was on the street perpendicular to us and he was coming from the right) then he stopped stared at us and just sat there a revved then took off. it annoys the living **** out of me when people do that kind of crap and do the whole "my car is better than yours" deal. its people like this guy that make me mod my car. i know it wasnt a big deal but this guy was just a deush bag flat out( guess you had to be there). ive met a few cobra owners around here, and there were all nice guys. it just sucks to see idiots behind something respectable...
Old 07-19-2004, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

I dont think I have seen anyone stop in an intersection before to rev at someone. I have heard of people revving as they coast through the intersection. Interesting
Old 07-19-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Veteran

I know this guy that has a 03 lightning and he revs at everyone even ricer's. He is so annoying but my car beats his so he don't rev at me.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea.. it's usually idiots like that.. that are just running a stock Cobra and think it'll take everything.. They just don't know what we're capable of...
Old 07-19-2004, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PewterSS01
I dont think I have seen anyone stop in an intersection before to rev at someone. I have heard of people revving as they coast through the intersection. Interesting
me too, until yesterday...there were no cars coming either so there was no reason for him to have to wait to turn. he juts sat there and revved at me. i was like wow this guy is a total jackass and he could pass for twice my age
Old 07-19-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

I had a yellow WS6 rev at me while I was going the opposite direction

I don't know if this guy is on this site, but if he is....you're a freakin ****!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL!!! It happens to all of us - I just love the people who have no idea how fast an LS1 is - even out of the box. I just love to rev back - when they hear the LT's and ORY - then tend to back down quickly!!! Except you damn '03 Cobra guys!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe I do not understand but if someone revs at me I see it as a challenge or compliment.

A challenge if I can run the guy/gal.

A compliment if it is in passing. (ex. I was waiting to turn left and a Hyabusa rode past and while looking at me he shot a couple of revs even though he knew I was not gonna run him)

With the Busa it was like he said "nice ride".

With you and the Cobra I think he was giving you props

At least until you get flipped off with the
Old 07-19-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't say I don't rev at people, but never to be an ******* or to say my car is better than anyone's. Usually if I do rev, its not for anyone specifically. You're always going to have ******** out there doing this kind of thing trying to prove something. The reason I got into my last street race was because this guy was trying to show off for me (or his girl or somebody) in his new GT. I ignored it a couple times, then I had to spank him.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I'll give some rev's to people with nice cars. Not a full blown clearing of the pipes, but enough to get noticed. Usually follow up w/ a "cool car" statement or look. You should have flipped a bitch and ran him. Even though he would probably win, w/ your mods you would make him wonder what was going on, then tell him you're stock, then tell him how your 5 year old $20k GM ran pretty good against his 3 week old $30k stang. Then drive away very very slowly so as to not give your pipes away too much.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree with what some of you are saying about revving being a compliment, but this guy was staring me and my buddy down like we owned pieces of crap, then he went flying down the street as if he owned the world...in other words the impression i got was far from being complementary..the last cobra guy who revved at me came up next to me on the street and we talked for a couple of lights while we both complemented each other's cars

capt..you dont think with a tune that i could have a chance against a cobra?? im not saying i could...im just curious
Old 07-19-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

What's the point with all this revving?

Sounds a lot like the beginning sequence of "The Fast and Spurious."

Next you'll see these fartknockers hitting the purge switch when they see ya.

Just drive....................
Old 07-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

so what if he DOES think his car is better than yours. Does that make it true for you , or true period?? Car pride is why we all have cars like these, otherwise we would all have the same rides and it would be boring. There is nothing to say that he wasnt thinking, "my car is nice, so is yours". .02
Old 07-19-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Beast
i agree with what some of you are saying about revving being a compliment, but this guy was staring me and my buddy down like we owned pieces of crap, then he went flying down the street as if he owned the world...in other words the impression i got was far from being complementary..the last cobra guy who revved at me came up next to me on the street and we talked for a couple of lights while we both complemented each other's cars

capt..you dont think with a tune that i could have a chance against a cobra?? im not saying i could...im just curious
Even if he was saying his rides is better than yours I doubt he would have done that to civic

You got recognition. But, if you get a chance let him know your stuff if the time and place are right.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allthatisman
so what if he DOES think his car is better than yours. Does that make it true for you , or true period?? Car pride is why we all have cars like these, otherwise we would all have the same rides and it would be boring. There is nothing to say that he wasnt thinking, "my car is nice, so is yours". .02
im not saying that the guy shouldnt take pride in his car...your right...obviously he found a cobra to be better than a ws6, otherwise he would have bought one. the point is i really do not believe he was trying to compliment me on my car by the actions he made...not necessarily the fact that he revved..in fact that wasnt the part that annoyed me..you should have seen this guy and how he was looking at me and my friend. i could read his face...it was just one of those things that you can see...one of those " your cars sucks ***" looks..im just saying i didnt appreciate it...why would i bring this up if he complimented me..if i really thought that i wouldnt have started this thread...

im cool with it though....he had rims that were unique so ill be able to pick him out in the future....my car wont be slow forever
Old 07-19-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey BEAST,
i totally understand where you are coming from.ive had similar things happen to me when i was driving my 02 dak R/T around.i had it happen alot with just stang GTs.these guys were just pulling up to me and staring me down,a couple even said something along the lines of "slow piece of ****".its just people being ********.ive since in the last two months gotten my vindication with my 02 Z28 that has spanked every GT ive raced.andim bone stock.its amazing these people go around thinking they rule the roads with their 14sec cars.

and i dont want to pigeon-hole anyone,but id say 90% of the mustang drivers i meet are a bunch of jerks.and i havent met one actual LS1enthusiast on the road who wasnt nice and didnt want to B.S. for a few.not to say that there arent idiots out there who just buy camaros to look cool,but you can usually spot those guys a mile away!
Old 07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sometimes I rev at people so they get all pissed off and whine about it on the internet.

My job is complete
Old 07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
hey BEAST,
i totally understand where you are coming from.ive had similar things happen to me when i was driving my 02 dak R/T around.i had it happen alot with just stang GTs.these guys were just pulling up to me and staring me down,a couple even said something along the lines of "slow piece of ****".its just people being ********.ive since in the last two months gotten my vindication with my 02 Z28 that has spanked every GT ive raced.andim bone stock.its amazing these people go around thinking they rule the roads with their 14sec cars.

and i dont want to pigeon-hole anyone,but id say 90% of the mustang drivers i meet are a bunch of jerks.and i havent met one actual LS1enthusiast on the road who wasnt nice and didnt want to B.S. for a few.not to say that there arent idiots out there who just buy camaros to look cool,but you can usually spot those guys a mile away!

exactly...i just got back from running some errands and i saw a guy with a ws6 and he flew by me, but then he slowed down and we talked and complemented on each others cars...this guy was definitely proud of his car, but he wasnt acting like a *** about it like the cobra guy was. i will say though that ive had several mustang guys complement me, even ones with cobras...hell the last mustang guy who complemented my car had a 10 sec car...i used to have problems with mustang people but it seems that the crowd that bought mustangs for the most part now drive rice-o-roni boxes that have been dubbed "imports"
Old 07-19-2004, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

man, I was actually thinking about posting a thread similar to this one myself.... I've only been driving my 00 TA around for maybe 2 months now but I've gotten an outrageous amount of compliments on my car, girls hanging out thier windows yelling and screaming, people walking down the road shouting "nice car!" people pulling up next to me at lights and talking or shouting... I think it's pretty damn cool... but, the amount of people doing stupid **** like reving at me while going the opposite direction, and mustang owners *glaring* at me... no way in hell that's a compliment! had this one guy even stop dead center in the middle of a 4 way stop, revved the **** out of his lil honda, and dumped his clutch all for a little tire chip LOL all the while giving me the evil eye...

I know this stuff happens, I've seen it myself, all in just a couple of months... for the wierdos out there I just laugh at them, even better if they see you laughing hehe
Old 07-19-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

If you drove a cobra, the cobra guy would probably sit and b.s. with you too. What does that have to do with anything?

When's the last time you stopped and had a conversation with a dude in a civic? Does that make you a huge toolbag too?