New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E bangs rev limiter from a roll, but not dig....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E bangs rev limiter from a roll, but not dig....

*cross posted*

today when taking a 30mile trip to the dealership to pick up some gaskets, I went wot frm 60-65, no problem. So after I get outa the dealership, its starting to get hot outside...i get onto the highway and there is no traffic...i decide to go WOT from around 65mph again...car downshifts...then wont upshift...so it bangs the limiter 3 times. I went once again...and same problem. so im heading back home and decide to do some 'troubleshooting'...so again I go wot, but right before i hit the limiter, i let off the gas just enough so it upshifts. so im thinking a bad 3-4 clutch pack. Now I try from a dig 3 times...and the car shifts PERFECTLY...no slippage, no hitting the rev limiter..just perfect. So when I get home, I park my car....I check the trans-fluid level, and it looks just a bit low...i have attatched a picture:

I drew a yellow line to where it seems to top out at...and that last "hole" on the dipstick doesnt even fill with tranny fluid(i checked in park). I think that this it probably the problem...just want to make sure and see if it might be anything else. Also, why would it bang the limiter only from a roll? my assumption is that from a dig, its a continious motion for the fluid to properly disperse, but at WOT, it doesnt because its a sudden change...could that be it? m gonna add some more fluid tommorow and do a complete tranny/filter change next weekend...its been about..45k since ive last done it...

BTW, mods in sig...car has 101k miles.