Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
Some ricers give props, Last night i had this Honda beside me on my way home. As i was trying to get up to speed after taking off from a light this guy thought i was trying to race him. every little bit of gas i would give it he would do the same as to stay right beside me. Finally around 45mph i hear him rev at me then drop it down. so i decide what the **** he asked for it and i nail the gas and blow by him a car length or so then let off. At the next red light as my brother & I were laughing about how dumb i we would feel if we were in the honda, he pull up rolls down his window an says "Dude, what does that thing run" I reply, I dont know yet. he say "Man thats a bad mother ****** you need to run it" then the light turned green and i drove off.

If you didnt like my story this should make up for it.

I had this set as my back ground for my desk top & figured i would share.
shes hot. and maybe now itll be @18 pages. i say i got to about page 8 or 9 before i decided to just goto the end. this thread is neverending.

chris
Old 09-04-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
shes hot. and maybe now itll be @18 pages. i say i got to about page 8 or 9 before i decided to just goto the end. this thread is neverending.
chris
YES! Bought time we hit 18 pages!!

-Todd
Old 09-04-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did someone say 20?
Old 09-04-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
did someone say 20?
We need another eagle talon story or some more hot girls.

-Todd
Old 09-04-2004, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

This a bunch shameless post whoring. As you have probably noticed there are not very many people still going in this thread. And FYI: for online forums with people who post ***** and make long pointless threads, this thread is still tiny.
Just my opinion :
Old 09-04-2004, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this thread still going
Old 09-04-2004, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

it may be post whoreing, but its fun, and now on to page 19
Old 09-04-2004, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

I posted this in the racers lounge but knowbody wants to respond to it over there.

A friend(Jared) of mine who i grew up & went to high school with was telling me that his '68 Chevelle is going to be runnig like 11s. then i said that hope to be runnin 11s by X-mas he kinda laughed. I said whys that funny these cars can be put into the 11s pretty easy. he then said "how ****** much money you gonna have to spent to put it there, you take that samy X# thousands that will put you in the 11s and i'll be in the 10s " I sayed i dought that but even so will you be able to drive your "badass" 10 sec car up to dallas for the weekend or drive in traffic with out over heating or run at the track then drive home gitting over 20mpg on the highway? i didnt think so.

Tuesday night i stopped by my friend chris's house after getting back from TSP & Lubbock. when i pulled up revin every body came out. and asked questions. "what exhaust did you get?"-1 7/8 headers and 3" duals "what did you dyno?"320rwhp (it was actualy 313 but 320 poped out) "what size stall did you get?"its rated 3,200 but its underrated itsmore like a 3,600. My buddy Jared would bairly say one word to me he just sat there and staired. when the what did you dyno question came up and I said 320 threw the converter J just said Oh, thats pretty good, and looked away. you could see the jeliousy. He knows that im not going to have an 11sec trailer Queen like he is.

I know i have a ways to go before im runnin 11s but im trying to build a solid foundation.

I asked my friend chris why jared wouldnt talk much, he just said "well i had been giving him a lot of crap about him never having his car out then you pulled up"

P.S. Me and J are great friends & have always had a competion going, my small block Regal out ran his big block chevelle by like 2feet during the only race we ever had.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

careful.... dont sleep on oldshcool cars...
Old 09-04-2004, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

Im not, ive always been into Oldschool muscle, i have a '69 Nova SS. I also built up my '85 buick regal V6 with a 400sbc-th350 combo that ran 13flats. im just saying that some people dont want to realize that new muscle can be just as fast. plus its funny that a guy ive known since 3rd grade will bairly talk to me.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

yes and no...
yes some people dont realise the potential of new school muscle
no new school is not as fast.... fastest ls1 on the planet runs 8's(FI and N2O)
they are more NA old school 7-8 sec cars then you can count. and ditto for 6 sec power adder cars...

but that does not mean that some day........ just saying that today is not that day
Old 09-04-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
yes and no...
they are more NA old school 7-8 sec cars then you can count. and ditto for 6 sec power adder cars...

but that does not mean that some day........ just saying that today is not that day
Didn't GMHTP have a 7 second LS1 on their cover this month?

-Todd
Old 09-05-2004, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

they did have a 7 sec. LS1.

Man, when I started this thread, i never thought it would get this far!

I feel proud, to call this mega-thread my own.

Gentlemen, I applaud you for your posting efforts!

Luvmez28: Im up for 19 if you are!
Old 09-05-2004, 03:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
yes and no...

I meant a far as a street car goes. I know that for absolute power old school has the edge, but hell its roots go back to the 50s. the ls1 only been around since '97. the ls1 is useing oldschool ideas(its a pushrod V8) with new age technology. anyways this isnt the point im trying to make. I was only telling how my buddy doesnt think my newer computer controled car can hang with his classic american muscle car.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

As I said before, if you think this thread is long, take a look at some of the other boards. THEY know how to post *****. I say leave it to them. This only has 355 posts right now, that is NOTHING. There are other car forums that will put that up in an like an hour or two.

Now, that being said:
69yenko: it's not that hard to make an old school muscle car run 11's (or much quicker) and still be highly streetable. Also, please don't use gas mileage in an effort to make your car look better than one that's faster, it's not a very good argument to take.
As for you going 11's, you have almost the same level mods as me right now. I'll be going for 12.3's as soon as it cools down outside (plus ported TB) and I can only imagine you would be in the ballpark (given that you have a tire) All you should need for 11's are a handfull of bolt-ons or better yet, a cam. That's my route....spring break=cam time! Yea!!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
As I said before, if you think this thread is long, take a look at some of the other boards. THEY know how to post *****. I say leave it to them. This only has 355 posts right now, that is NOTHING. There are other car forums that will put that up in an like an hour or two.

Now, that being said:
69yenko: it's not that hard to make an old school muscle car run 11's (or much quicker) and still be highly streetable. Also, please don't use gas mileage in an effort to make your car look better than one that's faster, it's not a very good argument to take.
As for you going 11's, you have almost the same level mods as me right now. I'll be going for 12.3's as soon as it cools down outside (plus ported TB) and I can only imagine you would be in the ballpark (given that you have a tire) All you should need for 11's are a handfull of bolt-ons or better yet, a cam. That's my route....spring break=cam time! Yea!!!!
your dyno #s were with the same setup except the stock converter?
I dynoed mine tuesday with all my sig mods & only put down 313.6rwhp 323.8rwtq. but that was with the stall converter. i've heard the converter is robbing between 10-20HP due to the poor efficency of a higher stall.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

we are jsut having fun in this thread. at least we arent starting new ones or going around "whoring" in other peoples threads. no one told you that you had to read this thread.

and on to jared. stu, jared is an idiot. and i doubt he will even have his car out in a year, and how many has it already been? two? even with his mommy and daddy paying for everything. and i asked danny, his block is still sitting in the corner of his shop, still waiting for money! i guess having to pay to get out of a DUI and a posession charge can take some money. oh, and a massive 700hp(what he says) big block pushing through a stock ragged auto tranny, an old whiny rear w/3.08 gears, and a 36yr old stoc suspension set up for a small block isnt going to do crap! let him be a whiny baby. by the time he gets anything out we will both be in the 11s!

and i think gas milage and drivability is a good arguement to take when you are comparing street cars. not all of us have mommy and daddy(jared) to buy us two vehicles and pay for our insurance. and i may sound jealous but im not, i enjoy being off my moms tit, and that chevelle is a $300 car with a $4000 paint job.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

This thread =
Old 09-05-2004, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by technical
This thread =

hahahaha
Old 09-05-2004, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club