Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seabirdak
When he gets off work or before he gets out of his car do a burnout right in front or behind his car lol that should tee him off
You must not have read the whole thread

Can't blame you one bit
I'm pretty sure he said a little while back that he pulled a 180* or something of that nature and left a nice long signature when the guy was behind him
Old 08-23-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
And why is that? I thought speed was speed, regardless? So now when a V8 does it it's oh well, and a four cylinder does it (though it will surely need FI or nitrous...) it's oh hell yeah go four cylinders?
No replacement for displacement.

Would you be more impressed with a 280lb body builder benching 300lbs, or a 140lb scrawny guy benching 300lbs?

So yeah, when an LS1 hits low 13s, it's like oh well. When a Ford Fiesta does it, that's pretty impressive. Just my opinion anyway. Also note that I do drive a V8, and am selling my 4 banger.

Also nitrous is FI.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_p...TID=13771&PN=1

Speak up big things going fast, check this. Duramax Diesel
Old 08-23-2004, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by apathy
No replacement for displacement.

Would you be more impressed with a 280lb body builder benching 300lbs, or a 140lb scrawny guy benching 300lbs?

So yeah, when an LS1 hits low 13s, it's like oh well. When a Ford Fiesta does it, that's pretty impressive. Just my opinion anyway. Also note that I do drive a V8, and am selling my 4 banger.

Also nitrous is FI.
I get it now, DSM's are no better than Ford Fiestas
I can accept that.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's something else thats funny:

Now this talon owner has a for sale sign in his rear window. Guess that timeslip is all ya need to make a talon owner do a little thinkin. He wont tell me what he is gonna buy. but I wouldnt be suprised if the car he buys is LS1 powered
Old 08-23-2004, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by natronathon
Here's something else thats funny:

Now this talon owner has a for sale sign in his rear window. Guess that timeslip is all ya need to make a talon owner do a little thinkin. He wont tell me what he is gonna buy. but I wouldnt be suprised if the car he buys is LS1 powered
Congratulate him if he does.
Oh yeah, and send him this way so he can at least get a slightly good idea as to what he is doing.

Edit: Seriously though, I will give respect to anything that IS quick/fast, looks good/tastefull, etc. You can mod a car/truck that is not fast and have it be okay by me, until you act like it's fast, talk like it's fast, put an annoying fart pipe on it, etc, and it's NOT fast. WAY too many of those (people in domestics do it too, just not as much as imports now with F&F craze). Also, I will NOT give more respect to a similar speed car just b/c it does it with fewer cylinders, that is stupid IMO.

Rant on: There was a pack of IDIOT ricers on the road today on my way back to my apartment....fart pipes buzzing, one of them in a turbo eclipse with loud BOV pulled a (slowish) fly by on me when I an others were about to change into his lane b/c another one of his idiot friends was going literally five mph (in a 45) in the left lane and almost got rear ended........why do i think they did this? So they could slow/stop traffic in the left lane and have him fly by in the right lane rant off

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 08-23-2004 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I cant help but think that Ive done a service to car owners everywhere by showing yet another ricer "the light"

Apathy:
its great that you have that opinion But seriously, it would be more effective in changing peoples minds if you did two things:
1. Didnt condescend other users
2. Posted your dumb thoughts somewhere where they actually care what the **** you say. I agree that a 4 cylinder running 8's is impressive, but thats the top of the game. I could be wrong (I seriously doubt it) but I have never seen a funny car with a 4 cylinder. How many four cylinder cars run 4 second quarter miles? Guess what, there are probably as many v8's running sub-six second qt's then there are 4 cylinders running less than 9.99 second. How impressed are you now?

Go find another site to preach your import stuff. If people wanna buy hondas, power to em, just dont go talkin about what you cant do, and if you do talk the talk, you had better walk the walk. F-body owners do just that. I am sick of self-righteous punks like you ruining threads and bashing other members of this site.

I dont usaully tell people off, cause its childish, but...

Mess with one LS1 owner, and you mess with em all. so...
Old 08-24-2004, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Ouch he just got slapped.

Like to add: What looks better? a SS/WS6 or a piece of **** riced Honda? enough said.

Hondas look like trash.

skyline/3kgt/supra they're all alright by me.

Honda/ any other **** can rot in hell as far as Im concerned
Old 08-24-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go find another site to preach your import stuff. If people wanna buy hondas, power to em, just dont go talkin about what you cant do, and if you do talk the talk, you had better walk the walk. F-body owners do just that. I am sick of self-righteous punks like you ruining threads and bashing other members of this site.

I dont usaully tell people off, cause its childish, but...

Mess with one LS1 owner, and you mess with em all. so...

Old 08-24-2004, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Usually I agree with apathy and his unbiased opinions, but these past few pages have me in total agreement with natronathon.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

Guess what, there are probably as many v8's running sub-six second qt's then there are 4 cylinders running less than 9.99 second. How impressed are you now?
And then there's you, running a 13.7 in an LS1. I'm totally impressed now!

How about being a 9, 10, or 11 second car in a V8 world, where everyone and their brother is already running the same times? Even more impressed now!!

It's funny that I get bashed for bringing up John Shepard, and then you bring up top fuel dragsters/funny cars/etc. Like I said, you are all the same. You just like to think you are better than the import guys. And they like to think they are better than you.

I bought a V8 because it will get me where I want for my budget. But if I go down the track in 10.5, and there is some guy hanging next to me with an engine that is less than half my size, I'll say he should get more respect than my car. If you don't think so, that's fine. It's just my opinion.

Regardless, speed is speed. Some guy in an LS1 on here posts up a timeslip and says "I finally broke into the 11s!" Everyone goes "Hey, cool man." You hear about a DSM running 11.5s, you say "Well, there are 1098723409 V8s running 11s or faster, who cares."
Old 08-24-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Size doesn't matter when it comes to speed. How you got there really shouldn't matter. I did see a 1500 horsepower 4 cylinder once. All I remember is that the sidewalls on the engine were actually enormous. All of us should know that there are advantages to owning a 4-cylinder to racing and advantages to owning a V8.

-Todd
Old 08-24-2004, 09:15 AM
B T
Launching!

I would like to see how fast a four banger can go in the quarter using only 2 gears...

Kinda reminds me of a 5.0 ... using 4 gears to run 14.'s

BT

Basically stock---> 2001 Z28 A4 2:73 13.50's 106mph (redline in 2nd)

Great thread btw...
Old 08-24-2004, 09:20 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. natronathon, congrats on putting the ricer in his place.
2. any of you who underestimate the potential of a properly built, turboed 4 banger will be put in their place sooner or later (happened to me already).
Old 08-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
1. natronathon, congrats on putting the ricer in his place.
2. any of you who underestimate the potential of a properly built, turboed 4 banger will be put in their place sooner or later (happened to me already).

Thanks for being honest... I respect anyone to can submit to defeat... we need more domestic owners like you around
Old 08-24-2004, 12:54 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by therustytrombone
Thanks for being honest... I respect anyone to can submit to defeat... we need more domestic owners like you around
It was a tie. , when I had about 35 ponies less than I do now.
Anyhow, I think twice before smirking at a 4 cyl. car that challenges me.

A nicely done (subtle) AWD DSM or STi is a sweet car in my book.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

I respect anything fast. But there are a lot of people out there that need LS101.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Regardless, speed is speed. Some guy in an LS1 on here posts up a timeslip and says "I finally broke into the 11s!" Everyone goes "Hey, cool man." You hear about a DSM running 11.5s, you say "Well, there are 1098723409 V8s running 11s or faster, who cares."

you are right speed is speed. and you do see alot of congrats on here for breaking 12s, 11s, ect. so youre right on that one too. and youre right, most on here scoff at quick imports. now do you know why you are right? because this is a freakin fbody/LS1 board. if you took a pole, most on here would hate on/bash "ricers", because most on here hate them. this is an LS1 community that supports and helps one another. its not here to say how great ricers CAN be, or mustangs for that matter. im relatively new here, and im always coming across posts where someone badmouths a non Ls1 powered car and you chime in to defend. i have nothing against you, but it makes me wonder why a "5.0" driver like yourself hangs out on a GM board? you may have noticed that people do alot of "hating" on other car brands here, and even with your sure fire rebuttles im pretty sure its going to continue.

rant over.

almighty LS1, king of the domestics, lord of all brands

apathy, if you want to argue, go to gmvsford.com
Old 08-24-2004, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, I was just about to start up a GM vs Ford argument too.

You can like what you want, and hate what you want. That's your perogative.

You can be a 13, 12, or 11 second LS1 and talk **** all you want about "having a fast car."

I'll continue laughing at you.

Why am I here? Because I have respect for the LS1, and I get information on it. That's right...even though I am running a different platform, I still read up on the LS1. I like to see what power people are putting down, what times people are running, and what kinds of cars they are running with.

I could join up with a 5.0 site, and sit around and talk all day about how ubercool the 302 is, and how nothing else can beat it, but I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a fork. I know my engine, and I like cars. Thus I end up here. A lot of people (other than yourself) welcome other car owners to this site. I didn't realize that prevented my participation in discussions.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I was just about to start up a GM vs Ford argument too.

You can like what you want, and hate what you want. That's your perogative.

You can be a 13, 12, or 11 second LS1 and talk **** all you want about "having a fast car."

I'll continue laughing at you.

Why am I here? Because I have respect for the LS1, and I get information on it. That's right...even though I am running a different platform, I still read up on the LS1. I like to see what power people are putting down, what times people are running, and what kinds of cars they are running with.

I could join up with a 5.0 site, and sit around and talk all day about how ubercool the 302 is, and how nothing else can beat it, but I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a fork. I know my engine, and I like cars. Thus I end up here. A lot of people (other than yourself) welcome other car owners to this site. I didn't realize that prevented my participation in discussions.

im not questioning your right to be registered, thats completely left up to the mods. i was questioning your motives. so basically you are saying you are a "spy". i can respect that. on the occasion i go to corral.net to see what new mods/performance angles some of those guys come up with. the difference is i didnt register on there so i can argue with the guys when they put down my brand or others. i just sit back, watch, and learn. im just pointing out the fact that it kinda annoys me, and others, obviously, when someone is on here sticking up for the other brands. ive seen you be very condesending and rather insulting to members on this board. i just dont see the point of most of what you say.

Quick Reply: The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol