The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by therustytrombone
Hey you should probably check this out:

http://www.dsmtimes.org/awd.htm

Oh, whats that... the list shows 370 AWD dsm's that do 12's or faster..

http://www.dsmtimes.org/fwd.htm

Here shows 60 FWD dsm's that do 12 or faster... so thats 430 dsm's just on that list that run 12 or faster ... you're margin of error is 98.8%... thus your whole post is invalid... sorry

you should really think before you speak, ive owned a 3rd gen f-body and a 1g talon turbo, and the talon beats the f-body in just about every aspect but exhaust sound....
Stock 3rd gens were , especially when compared to the LS1's.
Guess the DSM board got wind of this thread? We all know that there are fast DSM's (this thread is long, we went over that lol), but we were/are still laughing at the stupid stock FWD, non-turbo one. And some of the things that stupid ricers do.

Honeslty, I love the fact that my LS1 can trap at 104 MPH while missing 2nd gear, running in 96% humidity, leaving the ACR on for the very begining of the race (yes....I Really messed up on that run lol)

-Todd
Old 08-22-2004, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

threrustytrombone-- Your list proves nothing other than the fact that there are fast cars of every type. The point is that this particular Talon driver thinks he has something, when in fact he has less than nothing. He embodies the ricer stereotype, which adheres to the "domestics are slow" mantra, regardless of the facts. Which is, sadly, the general gestalt of most of the import drivers I have met.

Originally Posted by samz28
there is a girl in the pic if you are at work nothing nude or anything, just found the link while patrolling the servers i take care of

http://home.twmi.rr.com/lazarski/
Do you think she knows that this NSFW pic is online?
Old 08-22-2004, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GA_Driver
Do you think she knows that this NSFW pic is online?
I like that pic but these are good too. one
two
three
Old 08-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Launching!

No kill story but after 40 min of reading that hot chick made it all better.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thebernsZ28
No kill story but after 40 min of reading that hot chick made it all better.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here shows 60 FWD dsm's that do 12 or faster... so thats 430 dsm's just on that list that run 12 or faster ... you're margin of error is 98.8%... thus your whole post is invalid... sorry

you should really think before you speak, ive owned a 3rd gen f-body and a 1g talon turbo, and the talon beats the f-body in just about every aspect but exhaust sound....
is it just me or is it really sad that someone would take the time to go out of their way to register and post about their POS car on our fbody site? and sorry, im gonna continue to have the POS opinion about them because thats been my experience with them. and wow 60 or 430 out of what?100,000s? in my little town their are at least 10 fbodies that run mid 12s or better. go look at the timeslip database here. lots and lots that are 12s or better. you can make a corvair fast too, doesnt mean it wasnt a big floppy piece of crap when you started.

IMHO fast DSM= fast P.O.S.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ooooooooowwwwwwww...... yeh tool bag
we are just SHAKING in our boots...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/etdb.php
get a clue moron
Old 08-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Launching!

I thought Therustytrombone was kidding around. You don't hear to much about f-body's in the twelves because it's too easy to get them there. Its not really that amazing anymore.

He11, in my "old" '99 Trans-Am, I went 12.9 @106.5 with a catback and converter. And THAT was on street tires. Not hard at all.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GA_Driver
threrustytrombone-- Your list proves nothing other than the fact that there are fast cars of every type. The point is that this particular Talon driver thinks he has something, when in fact he has less than nothing. He embodies the ricer stereotype, which adheres to the "domestics are slow" mantra, regardless of the facts. Which is, sadly, the general gestalt of most of the import drivers I have met.
And thats the only thing i was trying to prove....

you guys are NO better when it comes to stereotypes.. and im sure that theres been a time when you got rocked unsuspected by an import.. because some are FAST. I dont care about domestic/import... I care about ****** horsepower... and thats what I got... you guys gotta realize that you start with a much better package... but for the money modifying already turbocharged cars yeilds very good bang for the buck...

I hate import owners that say domestics pieces of ****...
and I hate domestic owners who think nothing but a v8 can be fast

I just like horsepower

But honestly my 1990 all wheel drive talon is faster, better handling, smoother ride.... the first time I drove the talon i was like WOW this is JUST like the IROC, it feels heavy, sits just like the IROC, same visibility... I love both cars equally but the dsm just outperforms...

PS: my next car will be a v8 (i flip-flop, from v8 to turbo and back; hopefully a v8 turbo in the future)

Thanks for the flames guys, now get back to ******* your sisters you redneck hick domestic owners

Last edited by therustytrombone; 08-23-2004 at 12:18 PM. Reason: quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Teching In

And no, I didn't hear about this on the DSM forums... I was here lurking because I enjoy American muscle as well.. my brother just got a blue/blue/m6 gto a few months ago...
Old 08-23-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2edybrd
I thought Therustytrombone was kidding around. You don't hear to much about f-body's in the twelves because it's too easy to get them there. Its not really that amazing anymore.

He11, in my "old" '99 Trans-Am, I went 12.9 @106.5 with a catback and converter. And THAT was on street tires. Not hard at all.
This is the reason why I hate this board sometimes.

Saying "I can do 12.X time in my v8 easy, so that same time in a 4 cyl is unimpressive" is STUPID. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

That would be like me taking a 7000lb truck down the track in 10.2 and you going "who cares, there are plenty of v8 f-bodys in the 10s."

An f-body in the 12s is unimpressive. A riding lawnmower in the 12s is impressive. Speed is all relative.

FYI, there are DSMs running 9s and John Shepard has been down the track in the 8s. Are there F-bodies in the 9s? Sure. Are the majority in the 9s? No. Speed is impressive, no matter what it comes out of.

I'm on both an import and a domestic board, and you both talk about why you hate the other, and they are the EXACT SAME THING. You say "all imports are driven by ricer punks, and the majority of them are slow in a drag race." They say "all domestics are driven by rednecks, and they handle like bathtubs." Or "import/domestic breaks down a lot." Both statements make you look dumb.

Now, on to something that's actually mentally stimulating...the guy said FWD driveline loss is higher? I don't think so...do you have dyno charts to prove that? My Celica is rated at around 180hp, and dynos around 160hp, which is far from 20-25% driveline loss.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

natronathon,
any news from your DSM buddy? your encounters brighten my day.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

And thats the only thing i was trying to prove....

you guys are NO better when it comes to stereotypes.. and im sure that theres been a time when you got rocked unsuspected by an import.. because some are FAST.
No, not yet.

Over here in Columbus, the import drivers are posers, in terms of making it seem like they have a fast car. There might be literally five or six import cars that are genuinely quick, excluding the WRX's (and I have yet to see an Evo). Everyone else spends their money on paint & neon & rims & stereo.

So you have lots of flashy cars, but they have next to nothing under the hood. That isn't necessarily a bad thing (I'm stock ATM) but these are the same folks who rev their 4-banger to the moon when I'm around.

It could be a demographics thing, because in Atlanta I have seen more "real deal" imports in an afternoon @ Lenox Mall than I have in years of living in Columbus, but still...

Meanwhile, the domestic folks are almost always modded. Maybe they aren't as flashy, but almost all of them have bolt-ons, and most have more than that. They rev me a good bit, but when I give them the thumbs-up they generally return it or wave, or something. That doesn't happen with import guys, who are typically 10 years younger than I am.

Finally, as far as stereotypes go— I don't have a lot of sympathy. Try driving a Corvette around. You either get revved at, hated on, or looked down upon, by every other sect of auto enthusiasts.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by apathy
John Shepard has been down the track in the 8s. .
John Shepard, GOD to import drivers, proof that because he can run 8's their cars are fast.

J/k man, but that is what you are looking at getting when you post about him and what he has done. John Shepard

As for comparing the Talon to the third gen F-body (the "real" mullet mobile if there ever was such a thing), I should hope the Talon beats the F-body! Those things (in stock to near stock from, of course) suck ***** at performance. Can it even run sub 15? I'll bet not. Try comparing it to an LS1 and see what happens!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Teching In

I deal with these guys all the time. There not really worth racing, just wasteing your time and gas. I know what you mean though, most of them are full of ****. If you do get chance though, race one of those new subaru WRX's. Those things are pretty quick. That would be a fun race
Old 08-23-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
John Shepard, GOD to import drivers, proof that because he can run 8's their cars are fast.

J/k man, but that is what you are looking at getting when you post about him and what he has done. John Shepard
Yeah, he just ran an 8 second 1/4 in a car with 4 cylinders.

Remember that comparison they were making about the mountain dew bottle? Imagine cramming enough power into that bottle to get down the track faster than a whole shitload of V8s. I personally have way more respect for a 4 cylinder running any time than for a V8 that's running that same time. Would you be more impressed by a world record 100 yard dash set by a 22 year old athlete, or a 12 year old kid?

And I don't really need to bring up John Shepard. There are PLENTY of DSMs out there (and other imports) that will stomp the hell out of a lot of domestic V8s. If you want to pretend they aren't there, or if saying "the majority of them are ricers" makes you feel better, then great for you.

Fast is fast. If I stomp your LS1 and then dog it because I say it's slow, what would you say? "Well, there are plenty of LS1s that run blah blah blah." What would I expect you to say? Are you just going to sit there while I tell you how slow your **** is, going "yeah, I know"?

[Edit: Hey look, you already did it:

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
As for comparing the Talon to the third gen F-body (the "real" mullet mobile if there ever was such a thing), I should hope the Talon beats the F-body! Those things (in stock to near stock from, of course) suck ***** at performance. Can it even run sub 15? I'll bet not. Try comparing it to an LS1 and see what happens!
The LS1, God to domestic drivers.]

And if we are going to harp on imports, how about bikes? You going to knock a 1 liter Suzuki?
Old 08-23-2004, 05:50 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

I personally like this one:

And I personally hate this discussion.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Anybody know if the FWD/RWD thing is true? I can't see how there would be more loss on a FWD car than a RWD car.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by apathy
I personally have way more respect for a 4 cylinder running any time than for a V8 that's running that same time.
And why is that? I thought speed was speed, regardless? So now when a V8 does it it's oh well, and a four cylinder does it (though it will surely need FI or nitrous...) it's oh hell yeah go four cylinders?

Oh yeah, Z98, that's nice
Old 08-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Launching!

When he gets off work or before he gets out of his car do a burnout right in front or behind his car lol that should tee him off

Quick Reply: The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol