New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Natro, don't even give this guy a break. Every time he opens his mouth for the next two months, challenge him. If he makes up excuses.... "yeah, that's what I thought you would say" shake your head (or laugh) and walk off.

If your next to him in the parking lot, eat his lunch. If you catch him around town...EAT HIS LUNCH. And then tell everyone about it at work.

Some people might say you don't want to sink to his level... YES YOU DO!!! That's the only type of game he will understand.. just do it with alot more style and class than he's got
Old 08-08-2004, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lay down the law on how the race goes before you race. Like, I will flash my emergencies when the race is over. 0-100 or 0-120 (can that car even hit 120?) sort of thing. Leave no ROOM for error. Or hell, race for 100 bucks (but if you do that, make sure to check his engine bay..you never know)

-Todd
Old 08-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Ok ok before the flames begin to shoot out of both ya'lls asses lets not forget that you may have the one in a million DSM that actually stayed together. I just got done helping a friend of mine sell his last three for scrap, because each died on him for no apparent reason. Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand. I feel your resentment man, ignorance in that crowd is taking over, and while there is alot of those guys who have respectable cars and fast ones at that, there are still way to many that aren't. I just enjoy having a car that doesn't annoy everyone that you drive past, has a louder sound system then the engine, and can accelerate without the help of forced induction.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Forget racing the twerp...just slap the **** out him personally....
Old 08-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I kept up with a C5 all the way through 4th gear. Ive "dusted" a ton of z28's"

i suggest a random drug test..
Old 08-08-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

First. Im not posting this to bash talons. I dont really like Talons, but they may very well be a great car. My reason for starting this post is because I just want to share a funny story about a Deustch-bag Talon driver... not a guy with a Deustch-talon.

I feel sorry for him, Everyone with a brain knows that he could never have kept up with a C5, and absolutely never could have "dusted" (BTW, who the hell uses the term "dusted"???) a Z28. Not even a TPI. He is one cocky lil motha fu#!er.

BTW
LT1Burnout, man I love your sig. That is funny ****!
Old 08-08-2004, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

i stand by my previous statement. MOST dsm's won't last over 150k without a WHOLE lot of maintenance like t-belt assembly changing, alot of maintenance parts, ecu's will fry, all types of **** can happen with them.

who cares though-

here is a good story for you.. (kind of long but read if interested). this is not meant to hi-jack the thread but to share a previous experience similar to yours.

i worked at toys-r-us doing night shift a couple years ago. the people doing the night shift work are all pretty much derelicts, many on speed and alot of city people taking the bus up from the ghetto's of north philly and such. sketchy job to say the least but it required no training and was good $ at the time. this was when i owned the dsm btw.

this one guy had (get this) a dodge caravan- probably early 90's, a REAL pos. we got to talking about cars on break and this guy was taking about this imaginary big-block chevelle that he had owned and how it ran 9.0's blah blah blah (i KNOW this loser never had this car). then he says how his van is fast . i was like "well, i'll race you in my car for any amount of $- i don't care".

this guy was all about racing me. he told me to bring my $ to work the next day and we'll race on the highway when we got off (like 8 a.m.). the next night i bring 500$ cash and my dsm, im ALL ready to go and show this stupid ***** how retarted he is.

we get to talking that night, i show him my cash and i IMMEDIATELY see his facial expression change. then he says "that must be all of the $ you have man. how about we race and if you win i'll pay you 100$ and if the van wins you don't owe me anything. i don't want to make you broke" . im like "no you didn't ************". i say how if he wins he can have my car and if i win i get to **** on the driver's seat of his van -lol

so naturally he NEVER races me and we never talk about it again- but he succeded in making me feel bad for him and he probably still to this day thinks his friggin dodge caravan is fast, even after owning this alledged 9 sec. big block chevelle.

there you go- not just ricers are idiots..
Old 08-08-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

man i almost wanna call on this just cause i can't see someone possibly that stupid in america...but im sure there are...my cousin has a 98 firebird m5 with flowmaster and he thinks he can hang with my best friends 96 t/a heads/cam/355 forged lt1....so i guess there can be stupider people...
Old 08-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Banned

My friend just bought a 91 Eagle Talon... only 87k on the clock, clean nice little car... base non turbo. Like... 137hp..
It will bark third... but considering third gear hits at about 45 mph that isn't anything to be proud of. We G-teched the 0-60 and it showed up just above 8.. with the quarter mile hitting in the low 17s.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** on his seats lol.....I'll have to remeber that one. The loser gets his seat pissed on!
Old 08-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 777
so i guess there can be stupider people...
Trust me... stupidity knows no boundaries. Just try working tech support for a living.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was just looking at some Talon specs, and I see that they weigh 2800 lbs empty, or about 3000 with driver, and have 140 hp. Where as My car has around 320-330 hp and 3600 with driver. He thinks those numbers are in his favor! what a dumbass!

He preaches Power-weight ratio, like all the ricers do, but he is too stupid to actually figure out what the power to weight ratio actually is!

Talon - 1 hp per 21 lbs. or .04 hp per 1 lbs.
Camaro - 1 hp per 10.9 lbs. or .09 per 1 lbs.

i have a seriously better power to weight ratio than he does!
Old 08-08-2004, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

A talon does not have 140 horses at the wheels.

-Todd
Old 08-08-2004, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this guy is a tool.
dog him every chance you get.
dont let him have an excuse , ask him every day in front of anyone you can. bring random hot chicks over to him and punk his *** right there.."you see this *****? he wont race me cause .... well he's a *****"

eventually he will crack. and then sweet victory....
oh yeh. make sure you have dr's on. it would be lame to lose cause you smoked your tires for 3 seconds.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Even if he smoked all the way through 1st gear, he'd still woop the ricer's ***... trust me.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
A talon does not have 140 horses at the wheels.

-Todd
I made those calculations with flywheel horsepower.

the talon by my calculations (15% loss thru drivetrain) has 119 "front wheel" hp. Im thinking that my car has about 300 rwhp (I know that 98 autos dynoed low, but I have a descreened maf and a whisper lid, so I am hoping for 300)

New hp/lbs calculations based on hp to the ground
Talon- 1hp per 25.2lbs or .039hp per 1lbs
Camaro- 1hp per 12lbs or .083hp per 1lbs
Old 08-08-2004, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

i raced two turbo talons yesterday an smoked both of them with 18inch wheels an 2.73 gears at least 4 car leagths
Old 08-08-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get this...
I have another co-worker who just bought a 2000 mustang GT which obviously would smoke this talon as well. -although neither are a match for the fury of the LS1!- I didnt work today but my buddy with the mustang said that the Talon guy was raggin on my car again as well as raggin on his GT. That ricer moron is cruisn for a bruisin!

If I ever get to race him, Im not giving him a head start. Im just gonna put as much distance between us as fast as possible.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thank god everyday I am not as stupid as the average ricer.

Oh, and in a front wheel drive car, you will lose more than 15% in a manual, but a moot point nontheless.

-Todd
Old 08-08-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ With that ****** being as big of a bitch as he is, he doesn't deserve any headstarts.

Quick Reply: The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol