New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, you know how those high horsepower cars are, not very streetable. the guy shoulda known not to use it as a daily driver. that thing must be running 14.5 to 1, with an easy 850hp. oh well.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who's anyone, knows that DSMs make Fords look like Toyotas when it comes to reliability. Any DSM that doesn't give their owner TOO many problems, is considered a diamond in the rough, or even a "factory freak" in reliability terms.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
A talon does not have 140 horses at the wheels.

-Todd
THIS is VERY true! Anyone who has 'owned' or 'drove' one of these 1.8l monsters would know that. I might be able to get that kind of HP if I was pushing it with the Camaro, But otherwise, It is not happening!

(Keep in mind that MOST of the guys talking crap about the DSM's have probably NEVER worked on or drove one... This is a F-body site!)

Dependable, Cheap, Easy to Maintain - Yes
Fast - No
Old 08-10-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont know that I would go as far as dependable
Old 08-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Launching!

You know, your 'friend' with the dead Talon is such a complete moron it wouldn't surprise me at all if his car's dead because he forgot to change the oil, or never changes the air cleaner, or something along those lines. It might not be the car's fault.

I'm not suggesting that Talon's are great cars, but they work well for SOME people anyway. Maybe BigDaddyZ28 just knows how to perform a little thing called "regular maintenance"
Old 08-10-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

you know John95z28,

I think you may be on to something there. I personally believe, that any car that is well taken care of, can last to 200,000 mi. Unless they are wrecked or that have a faulty part, but on average I would have to say that most cars can last a LONG time if properly maintained.

But as far as my co-worker is concerned, he is dumb as hell.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

get the guy in the mustang to gang up on him when you do, then all three of you go find a 3 or 4 lane and race at the same time. this will prevent any future crap talking the mustang guy MIGHT do to you, 'cause you will beat his *** too!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im not too worried about the Mustang guy talking crap, he's one of my good friends. We give each other a little hell once in awhile, but hey you'd expect no less among friends. (especially friends with such car-rivalry) As far as my braggin rights on him I refer you here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/198607-another-one-bites-dust.html
That talks about a few races Ive had against him.

I get to work with talon boy again tonight. Maybe he'll have that piece fixed, and i can shove his pride so far down his throat, that he'll be shittin his "Talon facts" for a week!

Ill let ya know how it goes.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Banned

You could tow his **** down the 1320 faster then it could make it on its own. Trust me.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigDaddyZ28
(Keep in mind that MOST of the guys talking crap about the DSM's have probably NEVER worked on or drove one... This is a F-body site!)

Dependable, Cheap, Easy to Maintain - Yes
Fast - No
I have 4 friends who are DSM fans/owners, with numerous other DSM fans/owners, and they're all part of a bunch of DSM sites and forums. They have constant issues with their cars, and talk of people on the forums and their car problems. Hell, they're the ones who admitted to me that DSMs are just about the most problematic cars out there, so my "assumption" is going by personal (if you can call it that) experience with these cars. Like I said, a reliable one is rare.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

He called in sick tonight. ***** couldnt come to work, cause his busted *** talon isnt driving. HAHAHA
Old 08-10-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ LMAO! What a friggin' pansy. Not only about this entire car situation, but the fact that he calls in work because his ******-mobile took a **** on him. Uhhhh, ride your bike or call a family member or friend to get a ride to work you stupid ****!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by natronathon
Get this...
I have another co-worker who just bought a 2000 mustang GT which obviously would smoke this talon as well. -although neither are a match for the fury of the LS1!-
I don't want to hijack this post, but this reminds me,
luvmeZ28-- tell every one what the dude in the yellow GT told you sunday night. I thought i was pretty funny, and wouldnt have belived it if i wasn't in the car with him(luvmeZ28).
Old 08-11-2004, 01:39 AM
Launching!

4 pages and still no race. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black_ws6
4 pages and still no race. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
dude I know!! I want the race just as much as anyone else! Honestly, is there anything more satisfying than absolutely punishing a ricer in every way on the street? (well... other than havin sex with jessica alba, I dont think there is!
Old 08-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Launching!

dude I know!! I want the race just as much as anyone else! Honestly, is there anything more satisfying than absolutely punishing a ricer in every way on the street? (well... other than havin sex with jessica alba, I dont think there is!
Mmmm.... Jessica...

Old 08-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Teching In

I don't think this guy is going to bite. I think he's talking smack b/c he wants everyone at work to think he bought the car because it's fast (you know... the alpha male status thing). But, in reality he would own something ("A **** Camaro" ) if he could afford it.

Find a v6 firebird to line up with him. He may actually think he could beat one. And to really F him up, find one that's slightly modded and tell him it's stock
Old 08-11-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
I don't want to hijack this post, but this reminds me,
luvmeZ28-- tell every one what the dude in the yellow GT told you sunday night. I thought i was pretty funny, and wouldnt have belived it if i wasn't in the car with him(luvmeZ28).
i posted this in another post, but its short. the other night we pulled up to this GT i raced about a month ago, i beat his *** pretty bad, and he looked over at us like he wanted to race, then says "whats up? im not even gonna try this one again!" adn drives off normal. one of the funnier things ive seen. remember peeps, my car is stock!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

unfortunately, I think you guys are right. I dont think he will race, at least not until he gets it fixed. Knowing him that could be awhile.

Gentlemen, all I ask is that you remember this post and my situation. If I ever do race him, I being a faithful member of LS1tech will post my win. Otherwise I will never experience the joy of shoving loads and loads of **** down his throat.

:
Old 08-11-2004, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

front wheel drive cars average about 20-25% drivetrain loss due to the fact that the gears crisscross from one side of the transaxle to the other. Everytime a gear change is made power is going in a somewhat different direction. I have studied this several times on my own dyno (eddy current type) T56 tranny,s are fairly well thoughtout peices, thus t56 equipped cars are apt to produce more rwhp. I have dyno,d several f bodies and they average out to - 10-12% thru trans and rear diff. If any questions feel free to e-mail me.

Quick Reply: The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol