New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh My God this is nasty!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dudes, we're laughing at it but if it's being marketed--someone out there is buying it. A company is not going to put that model together and advertise it, if someone wasn't interested in it.

That's the scary thing. Now, if you all will excuse me, I'm going to be sick
Old 08-10-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

I wonder what this looks like painted and complete?

Anyone have any pics????

Old 08-10-2004, 09:33 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Is that the new Star Wars "Storm Trooper" front end bra?
Old 08-10-2004, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

I would almost guarantee that this kit will end up on more V6 Firebirds than Trans Ams. At least I hope so. I can understand some people being more concerned about the looks of a car, rather than performance...but at least make it look nice. That thing looks like a Decepticon.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tranzaman00
One of those that talks **** on a computer but wouldn't back it up if we met face to face.
dumbass, you're assuming things again...that's why you're a dumbass. show me where you wanted to meet me face-to-face and show me where i backed down? see? you're a dumbass.

now if this is a challenge to see if i'll talk to you like my bitch in person, then i'm in Maryland, zip 20902. you challenge, so you come down here. just let me know when.

Obviously you must have got pretty offended by a harmless remark.
maybe quoting and responding with complete sentences is something that requires great effort from you.

Sounds like little dick syndrome to me.
and look at you responding, so there must be a connection.

I'll be in manassas in a couple weeks maybe I'll bump into you.
i won't be in manassas because my license is suspended in Va, but i'll be in zipcode 20902. email is gt40@gonowmail.com

Just be happy mommy and daddy bought you an ls1.
class envy?

" A little sheep bitch" ooooooooooooo!!!! **** you and your collection of little ponys! Not to many trailer parks on this Island either. Fukin **** smoker
hmmm, more references about male genetalia and male-to-male sex. usually the one who brings up homosexuality and uses it as a repeated form of insult, are the ones who are questioning their own sexuality.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by natronathon
as far as airflow is concerned, that would **** things up for the cooling!

At least with my camaro, and I would assume its the same on a T/A or Formula... Air is directed by the underside of the front bumper up into the back of the condenser/radiator/fan assembly.
it's only directed from the bottom like that because the front bumper (in front of the a/c condensor) is completely sealed off....probably to protect from flying rocks and debris.

i've got the SSRA and it required the complete removal of the 2-part plastic air deflector.....the car does not run any hotter (that i noticed).

Without that nose shaping, air would be driven straight into the back of the black air deflector assembly - the very part that chevy designed to force air FROM UNDERNEATH THE BUMPER, NOT DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE BUMPER up into the car.
no, if you put on that bodykit, you would take off the 2-part plastic air deflector and air would go straight through the condensor and to the radiator. if you leave the stock air deflector on, it would still deflect air in from the bottom while more air is actually going through the extra open space of that bodykit. but why leave the deflector on when you're getting a straight on gush of air through the bodykit?

the only reason air is deflected from the bottom with the deflector is because the front of the bumper is blocked off.

IF ANYTHING, this would hinder performance and cooling on a normal f-body!
no, it would greatly help cooling on a stock car since air is going directly into the condensor and radiator...and even more if you had an fmic, which was what my main argument was about. that bumper is functional.

Last edited by skunk50; 08-10-2004 at 07:29 PM.