Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the deal!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats the deal!!!!

WTF, I can't find ls1 coil packs anywhere for sale. Does anyone know where to buy them. I have changed my plugs and my wires and am still getting misfire code on # 6 cylinder. Only other thing would be the coil pack for that cylinder or is there anything else. Any insite would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

could also be a clogged or faulty fuel injector, or possibly a bad connection on a wiring harness going to the coil pack or injector. If you want to test the coil pack, just swap it with one from another cylinder and see if the problem follows it to the new cylinder. Same with injectors.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
could also be a clogged or faulty fuel injector, or possibly a bad connection on a wiring harness going to the coil pack or injector. If you want to test the coil pack, just swap it with one from another cylinder and see if the problem follows it to the new cylinder. Same with injectors.
Thanks I'll try it.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tranzaman00
WTF, I can't find ls1 coil packs anywhere for sale. Does anyone know where to buy them. I have changed my plugs and my wires and am still getting misfire code on # 6 cylinder. Only other thing would be the coil pack for that cylinder or is there anything else. Any insite would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
O.K., forget the coil pack I swapped out #6 for #4 and am still getting misfire code on #6 cylinder. I cleared the old code swapped them and still came up with #6. This rules out coilpack,sparkplugs and wires. The only thing left from what people tell me is the injector. I thought that I would mention that it doesn't act up all the time so I was wondering If an injector is bad wouldn't it be a constant problem Instead of a sometimes problem. when the problem happens this is what it does. start the car evrything is fine after idiling for a few, rpms drop almost to nothing, car is on the verge of shuting off, shaking and stumbling so bad, then It gets this burst and shoots back up like if you were blowing through a straw with a spitball in it and it's stuck cheeks are big your turning red and all of a sudden bamm the spitball flys out. some times it will shoot up to around 1000 sometimes way up to 2000. Also when I turn on defrost or A/C it seems to make the problem come around. you try to give it gas to up the rpms and it doesn't accept it like your flooding it out.
This is why I originally thought it was idle air control but that wouldn't have anything to do with #6 cylinder.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

back to top. this is my daily driver and I've been creeping and crawling for two weeks
Please help.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

up up and away
Old 08-17-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Should I post this somewhere else I really need help?