Sponsored by:

wife + Z28 = bad idea

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by jrtf83
i need to find a girl who's into racing... thats tough out here in ultra-liberal california.
Well I know there's at least one chick in my city that races.

Maybe around 2 months ago I was about a 1/2 mile from my house at 4-way intersection around midnight waiting for my light to turn green. While I'm waiting the light turns green for the cars on my left to go straight. The very second it turned green I hear some tires breaking loose, and this viper comes roaring into the intersection. Following the viper was this white LS1 SS. By the time the SS was half way through this small intersection the viper already had 3 car lengths or more.

Then for some reason or another the SS started to lose it a bit off to the right (meanwhile the viper is a memory); the SS began to fishtail and it did a 180 into the other lane of traffic... almost hitting the curb on the other side. The car died... started again... stalled... started... stalled (obviously a stick). Then I'm able to see that this blonde chick is driving the SS! She drove her car back up to the intersection and made an illegal U-turn and went back the way she was originally going (I'm guessing for a rematch).

I wanted to catch her and say "WTF were you thinking racing a viper with your obviously stock SS?!” and “You’re damn lucky there was no traffic…” I was also curious as to how she lost it and slid across the road into the opposing lane. I'm guessing maybe she tripped 2nd real hard (or just a terrible driver). Mine will kick slightly if I scratch 2nd. When I told a friend this he said he thinks her name is Brianna???

So, anyways there's at least one racing chick in my city... probably more who knows... I guess you just have to keep an eye out.

See ya!
Old 08-20-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

yah you wanted to catch her and get some of that hot tail lol. Teach how to handle that stick
Old 08-20-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samz28
yah you wanted to catch her and get some of that hot tail lol. Teach how to handle that stick
lol, maybe...
Old 08-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Launching!

The only thing I can say about my wife, is that she can swap a cam all by herself in less than a day. This talent basically means she gets whatever the hell she wants from me.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Clipper
This talent basically means she gets whatever the hell she wants from me.
You need to have a talk with Brian ...he just doesn't see things the same way! J/k I can't complain. He is the one who bought me the pistons and rings for my new motor. He also has helped me work on my car several times and will be helping me build my turbo setup. He also doesn't mind the competition. I'm a lucky gal!
Old 08-20-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zangel
I'm a lucky gal!
Where are these women at? I need to move to TX!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is funny. Same here. My wife called me almost in tears when she was driving the car and the check gages light came on. Same response from me, is it low on gas? She thought she messed it up. Should of heard her drive it when I brought it home. Its been awhile since she drove a stick. I just went inside and put a pillow over my ears. She does pretty well now though. Still can't use the clutch to spin the tires(probibly a good thing), but as long as she can drive it and the car remains close to a stock feel, I can mod it. So the money continues to enter the SS bank of mods.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zangel
You need to have a talk with Brian ...he just doesn't see things the same way! J/k I can't complain. He is the one who bought me the pistons and rings for my new motor. He also has helped me work on my car several times and will be helping me build my turbo setup. He also doesn't mind the competition. I'm a lucky gal!
No, you mean Brian is a lucky man!!! Hey everybody this girl is just something else. There isn't anything she can't conquer!!!!

You know Tiff, I'm your biggest fan!!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by GO4URS
No, you mean Brian is a lucky man!!! Hey everybody this girl is just something else. There isn't anything she can't conquer!!!!

You know Tiff, I'm your biggest fan!!
Girl, you know I absolutely love ya! Always know how to put a smile on my face Although, I still feel like the lucky one.... I know I couldn't have gone this far on the car without him. I would have got lazy, put a huge shot of gas on the car and blew it up (would have been a hell of alot of fun doing it though)

Now we get to turn the tables a bit. This little chicky is probably one of the few that I would actually trust behind the wheel of my car! Finest Mustang in this city and it packs quite a punch! You want to talk about lucky men... lets talk about Kenneth. BTW -- Go check out the FI section on Htown to see what I got for my birthday... just one step closer
Old 08-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Launching!

My car is my wife
Old 08-21-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mako22...
I am generally not a fan of the camaro looks...i like the t/a look alot better...but i don't hate camaros either (just prefer t/a)
but after seeing your pic of your car...faith is restored in the z28. i must say you have the most beautiful camaro i have ever seen. props to you. i am not sure, but is that stock looks. anywayz, i love the look of your z---butiful car.

ps--who cares about the miles, it's your car--drive it, the long drive will make you appreciate the z even more. Just my $.02

James
Old 08-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

My wife drives a mini-van 99% of the time. The wife has hit a mailbox, basketball goal post, and a dent in the fender which she said was not her fault.

She has driven my car about 3 times. She said she is too paranoid to drive the car and has to be too careful
Old 08-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Launching!

One time me and my gf went to taco bell, and on the wayout she asked if she could drive, so I say yes. She starts the car puts it in 2 reverse and floors it out the parking lot! What happend? She slamed right into a parked car! I freak and so does she, I get out and the paint was chipped but no damage on the other car so we left. That was the last time she drove the car in the parking lot!
Old 08-21-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

I think my cam swap was the best thing I ever did. Ever since, my wife is too scared to drive it. Plus I keep telling her how easy it is to spin the wheels and put it sideways....sweet.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jampearson
Mako22...
I am generally not a fan of the camaro looks...i like the t/a look alot better...but i don't hate camaros either (just prefer t/a)
but after seeing your pic of your car...faith is restored in the z28. i must say you have the most beautiful camaro i have ever seen. props to you. i am not sure, but is that stock looks. anywayz, i love the look of your z---butiful car.

ps--who cares about the miles, it's your car--drive it, the long drive will make you appreciate the z even more. Just my $.02

James
jampearson - thanks for the compliments - I have a lot of aftermarket stuff on the car but I'm trying to do all "factory" looking mods (ie. ZL-1 mods)

and thanks everyone else for sharing your stories - now I don't feel as bad. I still feel pretty bad though I may still have to get that beater!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Yeesh - hearing these stories makes the hair on the back of my mole stand up
Old 08-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Launching!

From the female perspective...this is a HIGHLY entertaining read!

The next thread to follow this one will have the subject title "Why Can't I Find A Girlfriend?" LOL!

Sorry for all of you fellas who have the non racerchick girls I will pray for your clutches in the meantime
Old 08-23-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GO4URS
Dude, that was wrong. You better be glad I'm not your girlfriend, because that **** would have been a total turn on for me!!!! I really feel for you guys and your cars!!! Now it is totally different for the hubby and I. Well, to start off with the race car is MINE, but I totally feel comfortable when HE drives it.

I don't want to get flamed for not having a GM ride anymore. But my baby is a '92 Mustang GT. I have owned her from day one and she is totally my pride and joy.

I will pray for the safety of yours cars!!! BTW, I'm Monique.

Hmmm...this is a new one to me...a chick bein' an E-pimp? reminds me of Campbells soup... *MMM MMM GOOOOD*. yeah so ok ..um

my gf had never been in a quick car before this. I had a hci + sprayed 95 gt convertable, that was pretty quick but i never got on it with her in the car, cause it was after all, a vert...didn't want to risk anything. but the only other car with some hp was her moms 02 eclispe which was a 6 cylinder...and that was about the fastest car she had been in and you can't exactly call them fast. So when i opened up the ls1 then sprayed on top of it, i think it was a bit much...poor thing...hehe, damn it was funny though.

Every now and then she would ask me to spray but she was smart enough then to ask what Jets i had in, 75 she'd be all about it, 150 s hot, she wouldn't get in the car at all till i unhooked the bottle lol.

as she always tells me "better off you spending money on the car and spending your time working on it than doing drugs or other chicks"... so i guess thats her own way of just accepting its what i gotta do.
~T
Old 08-23-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW Monique thats one sweet Fox Body you have!