Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wife + Z28 = bad idea

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 07:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wife + Z28 = bad idea

Right after I bought my car, I took a new job which requires me to commute 100 miles a day. Rather than buy a beater to make the trip, I came up with the genius idea of switching cars with my fiance the 2 days a week that it's my turn to drive - me driving her Jetta down to NJ and her taking (gulp) my car to her job close by. Here are some of the phone calls I've gotten so far:

1. CHECK GAUGES: She calls one morning - "I hate to tell you this, but your check gawges light is on". I said "Hmm - how much gas is in the car?" She says "Oh, it's on E - could that be it?" I said yes honey the car runs on gas, just like other cars....

2. RADIO?: She calls a few days later - "I'm in the parking lot and I don't know what to do - I turned the car off but I can't get your radio to turn off!" I said "Open the door". She says "Hey that worked!"

and the worst one by far:

3. SPEED BUMPS: "Oh this morning I got to work, and they put new speed bumps in the parking lot - but they didn't paint them yellow yet. I hit one at like 40 MPH! It was like the Dukes of Hazzard..., I went flying...."

Please pray for me and my car.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds a lot like my wife. But my wife just likes to drive MY car because she wants to see if it will bother me. I guess she wants to make sure that she is worth more to me than the car. Anyway the way I look this way: if she does screw up something then that screwed up something will be replaced with something that will make the car faster or look better etc.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Sending good karma your way.

My wife loves to ride in the vette, but she is NOT interested in driving it. She's sorta short (just under 5') so she can't see very well out of it.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol o man i feel for ya
Old 08-19-2004, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99 Formula
Sounds a lot like my wife. But my wife just likes to drive MY car because she wants to see if it will bother me. I guess she wants to make sure that she is worth more to me than the car. Anyway the way I look this way: if she does screw up something then that screwed up something will be replaced with something that will make the car faster or look better etc.
yeah girls like to pull that your car is more important crap, keep talkin that way am im gonna admit it
Old 08-19-2004, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

My wife has her own Camaro. I bought it so she'll stay the hell away from mine.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

Good thing my wife can't drive stick.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stevebSS
My wife has her own Camaro. I bought it so she'll stay the hell away from mine.
I take it your wife got the RS ...

yeh...everygirl in my town wants to drive my car..and im like no..better not..especially cuz its an A4..and they can all drive..it thats half the reason i want ot make it an M6...so people dont' ask to drive it why is it that people..will drive your car if its an auto but if its a manual they will never ask every noticed that???
Old 08-19-2004, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

btw the whole dukes of hazzard thing really made me laugh..at least your girls..can be humerous about tearing up your car
Old 08-19-2004, 09:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"You like your car better than me!" (pout)

Well, lessee...

It's lower maintenance, responds better to mods,
and only takes one minute to warm up. Plus it
lets me drive it twice a day, minimum.

Too bad gas is $2.20 a gallon and bitching is free.
If only they could figure out a way to tax bitching.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

My wife can't drive a stick, so the BCoD is safe from her.

I feel for ya. Maybe it would be cheaper to buy that beater.

-Mike
Old 08-19-2004, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
"You like your car better than me!" (pout)

Well, lessee...

It's lower maintenance, responds better to mods,
and only takes one minute to warm up. Plus it
lets me drive it twice a day, minimum.

haha, funny cause it's true
Old 08-19-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by msbz_ls1
I take it your wife got the RS ...

yeh...everygirl in my town wants to drive my car..and im like no..better not..especially cuz its an A4..and they can all drive..it thats half the reason i want ot make it an M6...so people dont' ask to drive it why is it that people..will drive your car if its an auto but if its a manual they will never ask every noticed that???
cuz most ppl cant drive stick.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Wink

My wife is pretty cool when it comes to these things. I let her drive whatever car in our fleet of 5 she chooses. She drives my Trans Am but she is shorter than me and is not comfortable pushing the clutch all the way in - she has to straighten out her ankle to do it. She is careful where she parks the cars too. When I get telephone calls from her regarding the cars she always does the right thing. For example once the water pump died in my old car and this is what she said, "I was driving the old car and saw coolant spraying out, so I pulled over and turned the engine off." Whew! The only thing she does differently from me to the cars is she tends to rev the engines higher than I do before upshifting.

Funny stories.

My brother in law had the oil pressure light come on in his Chevy S10. He figured that he was due for an oil change soon so he kept driving. The next day his engine siezed on him and he had to replace the engine.

My aunt was driving her Ford Taurus and the temperature gauge went all the way up and idiot lights started to come on. What did she do? She ignored them and drove home. The car never started again. She replaced the car with a new one.

One of my friends said his Cadillac STS was making a funny noise. He said it was a screeching grinding noise coming from the front of the car but it did not vary with his speed or engine revs. He gave me a ride in the parking lot and I immediately knew it was his brakes. He got new brake pads - and new rotors too.

The same friend's sister drove her Saturn SC2 for 2 years without once changing the oil. She toasted the engine. By the time the idiot light came on it was too late. She replaced the engine.

My own sister has driven over her kids' bicycles while backing her minivan out of the garage. Once she hit the propane gas grill while backing out of the garage.

My father in law never washes or waxes his cars. His old Cavalier had more rust than paint. His replacement, a Toyota Camry, has paint peeling off the bumpers everywhere.

Two of my friends with Hondas ignored my advice to change the timing belts in their engines. What to guess what happened to them...?
Old 08-19-2004, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Sheesh. I just pictured what would happen to my rattle trap if I hit a speedbump at 40. Not pretty.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

my wife called me to say "a green z28 came next to her on the freeway and 'it was on'" and "he got served".

and "the cops just smile at me in the z28!"

cops always give me nasty looks when driving by/near/etc.

hmm.

i need to leave the laptop in the trunk so she can hook up hptuners and pull any codes that show up (got an intermmitten P0153 lately damn o2 sensor)
Old 08-19-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

I feel for you guys that have had these bad experiences. I offered to let my girlfriend drive my car when I first got it and she said no, I was so relieved. It just makes me uncomfortable when someone other than my parents, myself, or a few close friends drive my car. I'm sure you all feel like that though; if something bad is going to happen, you want to be behind the wheel when it does.

Just to add another story here. My aunt was in her garage and backed into her fully closed garage door. She must've given her Suburban some decent gas because that door was cashed. I don't understand it. I also have my own story, when I was driving my girlfriends BMW, I slightly bumped my garage door. My driveway is inclined towards my garage. On a BMW, reverse is up and left instead of right so I ended up putting her car into 5th gear. Well needless to say I gave my garage door a bit of a tap, but it didn't hurt the car or the door luckily.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
You myfriend have not had to purchase flowers lately have you?!?!?! I had a really long week about two weeks ago and i was very short with my girlfriend and instead i went and worked on my car...and i got bitched at (as i should have been) so i went to get some roses for the gf...68 bucks for a dozen red roses now how about that for a bitching tax?

Good thing is my girflriend loves my car but is scared shitless to drive it. The one time she said she wanted to drive it, i came to her house and had her get in the passenger seat so i could "show her a few things so she can learn"...and i did a burn out, dumped the clutch and spray a dry kit without jets so it would plant her *** in the seat really nicely. she got out and threw up ever since she's been really tenative about getting in my car
Old 08-19-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

hahah i feel for ya man.. i got a good laugh outta this thread.

i made the mistake of letting this cute chick i know from houston drive my car.. she wasn't ready for the clutch.. whined it out pretty bad. at least after the first time she nailed it.. lil bit of torq and tire spin scared the hell out of her.. she was scared to go over 30mph.. lol we were literally crusiing at 20mph in a 45.. cause she wouldn't press the gas.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mako22
Right after I bought my car, I took a new job which requires me to commute 100 miles a day. Rather than buy a beater to make the trip, I came up with the genius idea of switching cars with my fiance the 2 days a week that it's my turn to drive - me driving her Jetta down to NJ and her taking (gulp) my car to her job close by. Here are some of the phone calls I've gotten so far:

1. CHECK GAUGES: She calls one morning - "I hate to tell you this, but your check gawges light is on". I said "Hmm - how much gas is in the car?" She says "Oh, it's on E - could that be it?" I said yes honey the car runs on gas, just like other cars....

2. RADIO?: She calls a few days later - "I'm in the parking lot and I don't know what to do - I turned the car off but I can't get your radio to turn off!" I said "Open the door". She says "Hey that worked!"

and the worst one by far:

3. SPEED BUMPS: "Oh this morning I got to work, and they put new speed bumps in the parking lot - but they didn't paint them yellow yet. I hit one at like 40 MPH! It was like the Dukes of Hazzard..., I went flying...."

Please pray for me and my car.
hahhahhaaaa thats the funniest **** i ever heard