New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on power programmers & pulley sets.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advice on power programmers & pulley sets.

I am looking for advice about what brand power programmer & pulley sets I should buy. I have been looking online today at a few different brands but I don’t know if they are all the same or if one brand has more features (programmer) or not.
I have a 2000 Z28 LS1 & 6 speed trans. Its all pretty much stock under the hood except for some small things I did this past weekend. I bypassed the engine coolant that runs through my throttle body. Shaved my EGR valve down so it’s not blocking the intake behind the throttle body. And I also cut/shaved the bottom of my air intake box & front air dam off the air conditioning condenser to ram the air into the intake. So now it’s a stealth ram air induction .

So now what programmer & pulley sets should I get? I will want a new throttle body also so if anyone can help me out on that it would be nice.

Thank you for your time,
Justin Priami
Old 08-23-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would suggest an ASP pulley set, but you dont need the alternator pulley with the m6. I am getting one in a month or two. You dont need a new throttle body, at least I dont think so. IMO Unless your making buttloads of power you dont really need it, I think the slp maf that I have was a waste, but who knows. As for the programmer, I dont have any experiance with one but the Diablo seems to be prefered over others.

Fry