Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk me out of this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Talk me out of this!

Ok...I drove my car tonight..im not to pleased wit it lately im feeling a loss in power.. ...ok...my towns mostly bricks...With no brake on bricks i can leave about 8 ft worth of blackmarks...but if im on payment i can't even get it to spin in D...AT ALL..it just grabs and goes..and my tires aren't even that great...IT GRABS EVERYTIME>.my LT1 camaro..when i fucken pushed the gas to to th efloor it didn't matter what i was on..my car was gonna go sideways...and it roared..this car..when i go over 50 everytime i push on the gas..in the rear of my car it whines like a nascar..dunno wtf that is eather...i dunno...an dits black..and it makes me hate it cuz of how shitty it looks everytime i wash it...

comeon give me some advice y did my LT1 fill like it had more power..
Old 09-10-2004, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Because the LS1 makes it's power higher and the factory converter is a piece of **** for performance stalling all the way down at ~1,700 rpm I think it is. Sounds like you have gear whine? Give that baby a good wash/wax/polish then set it in indirect sunlight and see how good it looks.
Get a converter If i punch mine from a dead stop I leave black streaks and go almost nowhere.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to sound like a smart butt,but talk you out of what?Selling the car?Sounds like C5 time.. Mines a 99 with a halltech filter,an auto with 3:15 gears,i can't get any traction,i can lightem up anywere.If the track isn't prepped (like usual),i get a 13.3 @105 barely in 3rd gear,and thats leaving the line at idle, 2.2 60ft and easing into the throttle until 2nd,then i can punch it.Wish i raced on a prepped track,i never have with this car.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like you need a TCI SSF3500 torque converter. Then the next thread you start will be about how you roasted your tires and can never find traction any more. Hands down it's the best mod you can do for your A4 car and you'll never worry about dead hooking (that's for sure Lol).

Good Luck and keep your TA
Old 09-11-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by msbz_ls1
Ok...I drove my car tonight..im not to pleased wit it lately im feeling a loss in power.. ...ok...my towns mostly bricks...With no brake on bricks i can leave about 8 ft worth of blackmarks...but if im on payment i can't even get it to spin in D...AT ALL..it just grabs and goes..and my tires aren't even that great...IT GRABS EVERYTIME>.my LT1 camaro..when i fucken pushed the gas to to th efloor it didn't matter what i was on..my car was gonna go sideways...and it roared..this car..when i go over 50 everytime i push on the gas..in the rear of my car it whines like a nascar..dunno wtf that is eather...i dunno...an dits black..and it makes me hate it cuz of how shitty it looks everytime i wash it...

comeon give me some advice y did my LT1 fill like it had more power..
Man, I experienced the exact same thing you are going through and probably the same thing alot of us A4 guys have gone through. Listen to darrensls1formula, get a SSF3500 conv. This in my opinon has to be the absolute #1 mod for a4's. I absolutely love this stalled a4, wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

another vote here for the TCI sf3500, my car is a different animal entirely and I can roast my 315 nittos at will. If your rear is whining get some 3.73's and a converter and you'll love your car so much you'll wash it and buff it like it's a new car !!
Old 09-11-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why are you feeling a loss in power though?

-Todd
Old 09-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why would you want to break loose? The whole point is to put as much power to the ground as possible.

I agree with the guys though...get a stall converter and some sticky tires.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:06 AM
11 Second Club

periods help

What MPH are you going WOT at to try and spin the tires?

Have you been to the track or a dyno? The only way you are going to find out if your car is a POS or not, is by taking it to the track. You will probably change your mind then.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had an a4 lt1 and then bought a m6 ls1. there is no coparisson in power. maybe it is the stall.....get the 3500