Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel cooling thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel cooling thoughts

I searched the forum but didn’t find much. Or maybe I didn’t use the right combination of words. But I have been thinking of making something to cool the fuel before it enters the fuel rail. I have been told that the colder the fuel is the better (more condensed). So I thought what if I get a trans cooler or something smaller & run the fuel through it & mount it somewhere it can get air & put a small fan on the back of it to have running while waiting in the staging lanes not moving to keep the cooler itself cool. And it would really keep cool while highway driving. Anybody have any thoughts about that idea or knows of someone who does it? Do you think it would be beneficial?
Old 09-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

I am not sure but I would think that the fuel in your tank would be close to the same temp as the outside air. You can buy a cool can from places like Summit or Jegs that holds ice to cool your fuel.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

It probably would help but not enough to justify the work and money to do it. Something like this is more suited for an all out race car. Besides I'd be worried about the new connections that fuel would be dieing to leak out of and possibly start a fire. Though I guess it would be a big help if somewhere the stock fuel lines are encountering a lot of heat. I would just put heat reflective wrapping around the stock lines. But thats just my opinion