New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

import respect

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in japan skylineds have awd, i would imagine there pretty deadly @ 1200hp from any start.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MJSLude99
Look at the very first post on this thread and click on the link to the graph, 1100rwhp is what you will see. I don't see how you consider the best of the best TT Supras to be rice. Do a little reading on that site, all of those guys know cars and know what they're talking about. You are pretty much acting more like a ricer than anything else.

All im saying is I have no respect for rice. I think its the most rediculous looking crap on the road. You look at those pictures I posted and tell me which is your favorite . I must say though, it must suck to pay all that money, make all that horse power, and still only run 11s
Old 09-20-2004, 02:22 AM
11 Second Club

Maybe someone already said this but if they get a stall they can spool up on the line and uh oh
Old 09-20-2004, 02:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MJSLude99
Just wanted to post up this link to give some imports some credit since we all tend to flame them a lot. Go here: www.to4r.com All of the cars that are members there are at least 700 crank hp. Supras tend to be dyno queens but quite a few of them have the track numbers to back it up. Scope this dyno chart too (98 6speed Supra): http://www.to4r.com/members/media/peterbdyno.jpg
I think most people on this board have a lot of respect for Supras and their ability to run up top like no other. So i don't know where you are getting that we flame them a lot.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
All im saying is I have no respect for rice. I think its the most rediculous looking crap on the road. You look at those pictures I posted and tell me which is your favorite . I must say though, it must suck to pay all that money, make all that horse power, and still only run 11s
The problem with the manual supras is spooling up off the line, hence the only running 11's but having crazy traps. The auto's are a lot better at getting the power off the line and with the right suspension set up they can put it to the ground well too.

True auto enthusiasts give respect where respect is due. Not all imports are rice and not all rice are imports.

Rice is the stock civic with a ugly orange paint job with a super ugly body kit still running a stock D16 and thinking he can take on the world... The 90's 4-door honda my buddy and his dad built with a built LS/VTEC-turbo that has no exterior mods save for lowering, that ran I believe it was an 11.993 and 12.070 at battle of the imports a few weeks ago at Pacific raceways however is not (#1211 in the slips below).

Video: http://host90.ipowerweb.com/~draglab.../Jross1199.wmv

The way you talk not only makes other domestic muscle car owners look like complete idiots, but makes you no better than the guys with the "honda's rule domestics suck" attitude.

Last edited by rookiels1; 09-20-2004 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I love the other time on that slip at the battle of imports;

-Todd
Old 09-20-2004, 07:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gloveperson

I love the other time on that slip at the battle of imports;

-Todd
Lol, I agree. 17.0 @ 79? I think my sisters minivan can run a better 1/4 mile then that
Old 09-20-2004, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

As for imports, I respect any car that meets all the following catagories be it domestic or foreign:

1). Can run under a 14.5 1/4 mile. As the ET goes down my respect goes up.

2). Does not have a huge commando wing.

3). Does not have more stickers then paint.

4). Does not have more money invested in sterio and neon glow lights then performance mods.

5). Does not have a fart can I could fit my arm into.

That's for the cars. As for the owners I only have two catagories to meet to gain my respect.

1). Respect me as a fellow car enthusiast and don't disrespect my car just because your ET/trap may be better then mine.

2). Don't make excuses or be a poor loser. Give a thumbs up or shake hands even if you lost a particular battle because it's not the end of the world.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by darrensls1formula
2). Don't make excuses or be a poor loser. Give a thumbs up or shake hands even if you lost a particular battle because it's not the end of the world.
Missing a gear is the only excuse I accept, especially when it is obvious.
-Todd
Old 09-20-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why was this thread started? all the people on here that will respect anything that is fast(including me) already have respect. the people that dont never will, no matter how many dyno sheets you show them. youre wasting your time trying to show people "the light."

not trying to flame here, i just think youre contributing to carpul-tunnels(sp?) for nothing.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
why was this thread started? all the people on here that will respect anything that is fast(including me) already have respect. the people that dont never will, no matter how many dyno sheets you show them. youre wasting your time trying to show people "the light."

not trying to flame here, i just think youre contributing to carpul-tunnels(sp?) for nothing.

Exactly my point Fast is fast period. Wings and all those silly visual mods dont make you go fast and it is rediculous to think that.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dood, playing devil's advocate here, explain the park benches sitting on top of Formula One cars. They are for top end stability.

Since supra's are all top end, then a wing on a modded TT supra actually does serve a purpose. Not all imports are rice. C'mon guys.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
Dood, playing devil's advocate here, explain the park benches sitting on top of Formula One cars. They are for top end stability.

Since supra's are all top end, then a wing on a modded TT supra actually does serve a purpose. Not all imports are rice. C'mon guys.
So few people put the *wings* we are reffering to on Supras since they already come with a wing.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...190305_155.jpg

Here is a great website: (i got that pic from there)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/the_anti_rice

-Todd
Old 09-20-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

I've seen very "functional" wings on some imports around here. The difference between those wings and something on a SCCA car is minimal, except that I can't rip one off a SCCA car with my bare hands.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

hehe even the ones that wobble at the ends and dent the guys quarter panel then fly rip off the car at 100+ mph? lol (seen it happen) but I know what you mean... I've seen some wings on supra's rx7's and even vipers that look like the ones you see on some riced out hondas, but they're 1000+ spoilers that were designed for like you said high speed stability. factory spoilers just don't seem to do the job most of the time. they seem more like appearance than anything.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

what speeds are we talking about here where the spoiler/wing ACTUALLY becomes functional? i dont really know anything about this subject, but i would have to imagine pretty high. alot faster than any of those civics and preludes can go!

in fact how functional is mine going 150? ive been there a few times, will i actually FEEL the difference in handling if i took it off? im just sceptical on the need for any car to have a 30 foot wing.

edit: and by functional i mean a large enough difference to mean something, nothing like .01% or anything like that!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

By "functional" in my previous post, I meant big enough, correct angle, etc. but held on with thumbtacks...
Old 09-20-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
I hate rice too, it's very RIDICULOUS. Most of those Supras, at least the ones that are set up for the 1/4 are in the 9s and 10s (many running 25+ psi on stock bottom ends). I don't want to start a flame war between us, I just wanted to make a post saying I respect cars such as those.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by technical
By "functional" in my previous post, I meant big enough, correct angle, etc. but held on with thumbtacks...

lol, i know what you mean about that. a few years ago in one of my less mature moments, i yanked one of those suckers off. guy also had twin hood scoops that were 3m-ed on that i relocated to his doors. i dont condone that sort of thing, but it was funny at the time.

and i ask the functional question, because i wanna know for safety reasons. are there any on those street legal cars running around that need the 4.5 foot wing or they would be unstable at high speeds? this includes supras,fbodies,ricers,ect. i dont believe that to be true, so i hate the word functional when applied to wings. they look stupid, the ones larger than stock, even some of the stock import ones, and unless they can somehow save your life i will continue to think so.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:45 AM
12 Second Club

Does that mean this 98 viper with a le mans wing is rice? from what I gathered talking to him it made a huge difference at speed.

I know I'm being a smart *** but there are times when they are beneficial.