Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question couple questions

alright i bought my car down in FL and i live in MI....the roads are horrible up here and my car is lowered about 2in. to get it back to stock height all i have to do is put stock springs back in right? are there better aftermarket springs that i should use instead of the stockers?
next did the 2001's come with traction control??
finally, i have put about 4,000 miles on the car since i got it and changed the oil twice (when i first got it and just recently) but the change oil light never came on. is there a reason for this or do i just have a problem somewhere?
thanks in advance
Old 09-29-2004, 02:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the springs.. If you want stock height, then just get you a replacement set of stock springs. You can find them on eBay or you can ask around. I'm sure someone has a set that they'll let you have.

I don't know of any aftermarket springs that let you keep the stock height. You could look into Koni's or a coilover setup.

You could also just keep the lowering springs that you have and just drive carefully.

About your oil change light, after doing the first oil change. You should have reset the oil change light. Hold down the trip button for 12 secs and the change oil light should blink and go out. Letting you know that it's been reset.

Traction control is an option I believe. But all of the cars are wired for it.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Traction control is an option I believe. But all of the cars are wired for it.
ive noticed they are all wired for it, but what would it actually take to put it on an fbody that doesnt have it. is there just a module or something? probably more complicated than that?