New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Headlights???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004 | 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

Default No Headlights???

just as the sbbject says i have no headlights or highbeams at all. my turn signals and fog lights work though. what is the problem here. i checked for fuses reguarding headlights and there seems to be none for the headlights. this is really upsetting me. just got done fixing my vibration issue for the last 6months and now i got this problem the next day i get vibration fixed. WTF!!!

any help toward what i should replace will be great. hopefully nothing expensive since i just lost my job and spent just about $1k on my last issue.

thanks in advance
Old 10-04-2004 | 03:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn dude...you spent a thousand bucks on a vibration problem. That sux a huge one. Anyway, you might want to check around the area the vibration was in? Just a good place to start, you might have mangled something during your fix. Also you might wanna follow the wires from the bulbs to where ever they go. Somehow they could have gotten messed up during your fix, or the cover could have fallen off and corroded a resistor?

Sorry I couldnt be more help

Fry
Old 10-04-2004 | 04:58 AM
TECH Junkie

you might try checking your parking brake wire
Old 10-04-2004 | 05:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

At first I saw your comment and agreed with that. I had a whole response written for that, but realized it was wrong. If you think about it just a minute more you will see... You can turn on your headlights without the brake being enganged. Just use the switch.

Fry
Old 10-04-2004 | 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

It's the DRL module from behind the stereo, I had the same problem about 2 months ago and took a month to narrow it down to that. I too was able to have fog lights but no headlights of brights. Pull off the trim around the stereo and pull out the box, it has two connections on the bottom for wires. It is easy to get out by just sliding the whole unit up. You can get a new one from Chevy for about $135 or go to a salvage yard and get one for about $55 ( I got mine from a yard that knew nothing and only paid $25). The fix is less then 10 mins and it's perfect again. You may need a new headlight switch as well if there was any spike that fried it. Just keep that in mind if it doesn't work right away since mine died as well, that part is only $35 from Chevy. You can also do a search in the Electronics section for my post on the subject titled Headlights NOT On. Hope that helps and good luck, you should be 100% in no more than 15 mins.
Old 10-04-2004 | 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by frey51
At first I saw your comment and agreed with that. I had a whole response written for that, but realized it was wrong. If you think about it just a minute more you will see... You can turn on your headlights without the brake being enganged. Just use the switch.

Fry

i can t even turn the headlights on with just the switch also. they just dont turn on at all.

yea i spent almost a grand just trying to fix the problem and it sux then this happens. whats next ? i guess "ford never bored" applies to my chevy also.

Last edited by Eiyse98ls1; 10-04-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-04-2004 | 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

the day i got the vibration fixed i did have a dead battery and had it recharged then al was good. then the next day i got a basic tune from a local performance shop for my A/F and gears. and that same night i recognized i was getting high beam from everybody on the street so i checked the headlights to find out none were on. also i recognized that the highbeam light on the dash was illuminated not bright,does that mean anything that can solve the problem easier.

thanks for all the replys ill check those things out.

how hard is it to pull the trim off?never pulled the trim of other then when my friends installed my stereo.
Old 10-04-2004 | 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

good news guys!!!i just got back from looking at the problem at it seems when i got the car tuned on friday they unplugged all the ights so they wouldnt drain my battery. so i plugged all of them back in 100% agian.

thanks for your help and quick responses
Old 10-04-2004 | 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

What a minute here....Your headlights werent working and you didnt check to make sure they were plugged in... Im sorry but Glad you got it fixed though.
Old 10-04-2004 | 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by frey51
What a minute here....Your headlights werent working and you didnt check to make sure they were plugged in... Im sorry but Glad you got it fixed though.

yea, i didnt checked. plus i havent had the time until today since i was busy with family from out of town. so i checked today.