New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to treat a hero(gotta read this)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is off topic. Jaberwaki are you related to jesse james? Cause your pic looks just like him.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
Has anybody tried to confirm this story? Seems to me like something that would have made network. ... People start some crazy emails sometimes. They sound believable as hell, but chain letters are a REALLY bad place to get news and/or information from. Just my $.02

its true, it made the news here in angelo, and on our regional ***.net there was a blurb about it. previous posts are right. its all about the fear of being able to be sued. they fired him to set an example. the company i work for is like that. i chased a guy out of the store one night doing a beer run i tripped him up outside, he went flying face first into the pavement and ran off, i gathered up the busted beers, and ALMOST got fired. another guy i worked with chased one out to get LP#, was almost run over in the process, and he did get fired. here they are scared that if you get hurt that you will sue them.

and jaberwaki you know this shoulda been in the lounge, you post harlot!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9833211
I know this is off topic. Jaberwaki are you related to jesse james? Cause your pic looks just like him.

you must be under 21?

that picture good sir is not me... it is Alex from "A Clockwork Orange" one of the all time best cult flicks EVER...
if you have not seen it (and you are older then 18) i highly recomend you check it out.
"might put you in mind for a bit of tha ol ultra violence"
Old 10-07-2004, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28

and jaberwaki you know this shoulda been in the lounge, you post harlot!

harlots get paid for it...

i guess that just makes me a post ****
Old 10-07-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

that's pretty scary if he looks like that
Old 10-07-2004, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
harlots get paid for it...

i guess that just makes me a post ****

**** it is! i was trying to watch my mouth! or is it fingers??????

Old 10-07-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

you must be under 21?

that picture good sir is not me... it is Alex from "A Clockwork Orange" one of the all time best cult flicks EVER...
if you have not seen it (and you are older then 18) i highly recomend you check it out.
I love that movie.

-Todd
Old 10-08-2004, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

very true story. i work at blockbuster. even if you see someone steal something, if you touch them, and it's found out, you WILL be fired. no questions asked, no arguments ensue. case closed.

sure, it's fucked up, but also you have to realize that if you were allowed to touch someone while you were on the job (especially when they threatened you in a harmful way), what if you just beat them up and killed them cause you were pissed (because you were the kind who didn't mind murdering others)? what would happen then? no lawsuit filed or anything, because it's lawfully labeled as "okay." this is obviously a problem.

but, as i'm sure anyone feels the same, if your life is threatened, on the job or not, you are going to react in order to save your own life. if you know you are going to lose your job, hey, it's better than losing your life. it's unfair policy, but it's probably better than most of it's alternatives. i will admit that.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

you must be under 21?

Never seen the movie. Not into that kind of movies. Maybe ill check it out. Im 20. LoL your picture just look like jesse james. Jus was having some fun
Old 10-08-2004, 01:03 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
That's pretty shitty. If all of that info is correct, it is really really shitty. Silver's never sees any of my money anyway, lol.
That's pretty crazy .... L-J-S sucks anyways.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:33 AM
STF Veteran

That is messed up! I could understand them reprimanding him but firing him is overboard. I guess if he would've been killed they would have been happier. Stories like that **** me off. People need to use some damn common sense in the world today.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
I guess if he would've been killed they would have been happier. People need to use some damn common sense in the world today.
heres some common sense for you, if he had of been killed, then he would be a hero.