Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is being a piece of Chit

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 08:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car is being a piece of Chit

So how does my car not throw any codes yet gets poor gasmileage, stubles, loss of power, miss at idle, clutch going bad and throwout bearing bouncing around like a freakin marble, lots of drivetrain noise? I've done a new fuel filter, top end cleaner, air filter. I'm putting plugs in this weekend, new clutch soon and hopefully most of my problem solved. I just don't see how my car is not setting off a code running like chit for the past month. Got any ideas? 2001 M6 Trans Am. Only mods are lid, catback, bauer tb. Drive it like a granny most of the time.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

there are no codes for the clutch and most of the time you dont get codes unless the part is completely bad. what your doing will most likely cure the problem.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

O2 sensors? How many miles? Check the U-joints when you do the clutch....
Old 10-05-2004, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mc01ta
So how does my car not throw any codes yet gets poor gasmileage, stubles, loss of power, miss at idle, clutch going bad and throwout bearing bouncing around like a freakin marble, lots of drivetrain noise? I've done a new fuel filter, top end cleaner, air filter. I'm putting plugs in this weekend, new clutch soon and hopefully most of my problem solved. I just don't see how my car is not setting off a code running like chit for the past month. Got any ideas? 2001 M6 Trans Am. Only mods are lid, catback, bauer tb. Drive it like a granny most of the time.
broke a roller rocker arm and valve spring on sunday......no codes either

figured it would atleast give me a check engine light?????

good luck
Old 10-05-2004, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

will check u joints, good point. Can't see breaking anything huge since i've probably raced the car 3-4 times since i've owned it, really haven't messed with it much. Car has 35,000 miles 2001 Trans Am. I have no ideas about the o2's, i thought they were good unless a code thrown or an ses light. The passenger side o2 is loose and making noise inside the manifold/pipe. Thanks for the help, anybody got anything further for me to check? I was told the plug wires look good. Not sure where else to go with this. I hate feeling like i am trying to diagnoise more than one problem i hear/feel
Old 10-06-2004, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn if the pass side o2 is loose u got to fix that, and no most of the time bad o2 sensors dont through codes.