Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok Its Final

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok Its Final

A guyz comen to look at my car..this week ...he said 10k sounds fair for it..which i think is also fair...ill be sad to see it go..but i think im gonna start a project..car...im thinken of buying eather..a Nova, Camaro, or Firebird 60's 70's..im really looken for a 67-71 in these cars...wit non motor non trans...which will make me get it cheap....what would u guys recommend looking for...?...i got time to look so if theres a kind thats rare that i could find wrecked most likely or out on a farm..im gonna take my time to look...i wanna here...some request of some Badass Muscle Cars...

Thanks for all information..
Old 10-24-2004, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U sold an LS1? Y? And u should by another one, or a vette, or something...
I dont like old school firebirds and stuff, maybe a nova, but whateever it's ur $$$$
Old 10-24-2004, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

i sold..it due to..im sick of being broke every month
Old 10-24-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

building an old school muscle car from the ground up, while paying for a daily driver every month: prepare to be more broke than you were! even if a daily driver is paid for, you being broke is a good possibility. your call though. i would suggest a 1st gen camaro or a 70ish nova.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:31 AM
On The Tree

Seriously, if you're looking to save money on gas mileage and car payments get yourself a Honda or Toyota. Speed doesn't come cheap, and an old muscle car is going to cost you a hell of a lot more than your modern hot rod ever did. However, if I was going to be piecing together a classic I'd probably go for a Pontiac GTO Judge convertible with flat black paint myself.

Last edited by convexion; 10-25-2004 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:18 AM
11 Second Club

hey man dont listen to these fools, they dont know what the hell they are talkin about! i am building a 68 firebird right now! and i am have just installed my ls1! man it looks like it should come that way factory! building the car hasnt been cheap oh no. but if you are smart with your money it will not be a problem. just invest a little at a time! i am no restoring the car all at once like most do. i will be driving my project around as a daily driver! but if you do decide to go with an older f-body. i would say definatly do the ls1 swap in there! hell if you go with any old muscle car, i would say do the ls1 swap as well lol! good luck and feel free to ask questions.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

what makes us fools? hes complaining about being broke paying for his car now, and hes gonna sell it to completely build another one. not the wisest thing to do if youre worried about money. if i had the money,and i will in the next couple of years, im gonna buy a 1st gen 'camaro to have off to the side to build up. more than likely an LSsomething will be the powerplant. but seriously, if you have a money issue, the last thing you need to do is build a hotrod!
Old 10-25-2004, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

maybe he cant afford it becuase insurance and gas, and if he has payments! and i wasnt really refering to you! but since you asked lol!
Old 10-25-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 68bird
maybe he cant afford it becuase insurance and gas, and if he has payments! and i wasnt really refering to you! but since you asked lol!
i would love to see some pics of your car when its done.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

man it aint gonna be a looker for a long time lol! but i do plan on posting some pics within the month in the hyrids/conversions section, probably post a link for it in here as well. but thanks for compliments, i so cant wait to drive the damn thing lol!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

What the hell makes us fools? If you're serious about putting the work into a custom job (especially a classic) it's going to cost. It's foolish to think it won't. All of the guys I know who build classic hot rods have sunk a minimum of 50 grand into the thing. If you don't mind having a beater, that's one thing, but building a true blue high performance car IS going to cost more money than owning a modern stock F-Body. Plain and simple.

Not to mention he'll still be spending plenty on gas. Maybe not as much on insurance, but if he wants an LS-X engine in there he'll be spending just as much if not more.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 68bird
hey man dont listen to these fools, they dont know what the hell they are talkin about! i am building a 68 firebird right now! and i am have just installed my ls1! man it looks like it should come that way factory! building the car hasnt been cheap oh no. but if you are smart with your money it will not be a problem. just invest a little at a time! i am no restoring the car all at once like most do. i will be driving my project around as a daily driver! but if you do decide to go with an older f-body. i would say definatly do the ls1 swap in there! hell if you go with any old muscle car, i would say do the ls1 swap as well lol! good luck and feel free to ask questions.
Ur an idiot, i think i have worked on old cars just as much as u have, it's expensive
Old 10-25-2004, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

$50 grand are you kidding me?!? that is what is so appealing about restoring muscle cars with a newer fuel injected motor. you can do it cheaper than buying new! $50,000 are you being serious, i serioulsy hope that you dont think that that is the average cost to make a car like new! my buddy totally restored his 72 satelite, $9000 is what he put into plus $1000 for the car. maybe if you pay someone to do all the work for you it can get up to $50000 but i dont care to say "yea this person built this car for me"! i rather say yea i built this car with my friends, such great memories we have.

Ur an idiot, i think i have worked on old cars just as much as u have, it's expensive
have you built your own car? if not then STFU! i have about $10000 is this build and probably another $3000 at the most for body and then about that for paint. so about $16,000. that isnt even the price of a new car! that would not have paid for a brand new trans am or ss! and its not like you cough up all this money at once to build it! you take your time and do what you can with the money you got. i am living proof that you dont have to have alot of money to build a car. i work on and off and i go to school! and if i can do it, then i know any one can!
Old 10-25-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
I don't know where you're getting parts, or work done. If you do your own work it's very cheap to work on an old Chevy. Parts are very inexpensive.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

the few people i know that have built "hot rods" have spent about 15k and the cars look and run VERY well. one person, who has the coolest muscle car ive ever seen in person, spent about 20k, and did all the work himself. its a 70 nova SS w/ 383 stroker and nos, and it runs 10.60s on the juice. the cool thing is, NO WEIGHT REDUCTION. full bodied, full interior car, rollcage, the guy even has a booming system in it. very impressive. and its a "street" car. he cruises it every cruise night.

i have heard of some people spending 50k on a built car for themselves. funny thing is they are probably getting a car thats worth 20k and paying 30k worth of labor.

i wonder how much nineball spent to build his...........that car is sweet!
Old 10-25-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Just buy one that is halfway done. I see alot of 66-72 Chevelle going for anywhere between $3-6k in decent condition. If you get a Firebird or a Camaro you will have to pay sports car insurance I think, but if you want liability it shouldnt be that much. Just get you an Autotrader and look to see what appeals to you. Yes classic's will have its problems, but fixing is just part of the learning experience. That and old 350's are cheap to come by these days.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive looked in auto trader some lately and camaros/firebirds/chevelles/ect have been looking kinda pricey. ive seen some down right nasty ones being sold for 4-6k. i hope i can find a good price on one when im ready.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

well sometimes you have to hold out, local newspaper usually have good deals depending on the area U live in. Here in DFW there are lot of good deals to be had. Just one thing to remember is do not look in the Classic car autotrader, those are usually all the pricey ones that I find.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
well sometimes you have to hold out, local newspaper usually have good deals depending on the area U live in. Here in DFW there are lot of good deals to be had. Just one thing to remember is do not look in the Classic car autotrader, those are usually all the pricey ones that I find.
hey ravenous, why no pics of the R/T on your car domain site?
lets see em!

that GTX is awesome. and you caught some down right fugly "ricers"!
Old 10-25-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

well its in the background its nuthin special