New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Engine combo, couple of questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Engine combo, couple of questions...

I'll be getting my new combo back this week, and I have a couple of questions before I get happy with the loud pedal.

1st, break in. New cam, new rods, new crank, new pistons, new clutch, new rear end (9" with 3.70 gears, woo hoo!) I know I need to be easy on her for a while, but how long is going to be good enough. I know the clutch says 500 miles, but will any of the other new parts need longer than that? I don't want to hurt anything. I am gonna break it in with "dinosaur" oil, instead of synthetic (that is a good thing, right?)

Also, should I look into getting my injectors cleaned? The car has right at 100,000 miles on it, so I think they might be somewhat dirty. It was running good when I took it down, but I'm sure the added cubic inches will need them to be performing at top-level flow, so I thought I might need to get them cleaned before I go to the track and try to get some new best numbers. I've done some searches on here, and I think, judging by the size of my cam, that my stock injectors are gonna flow enough to feed it.

Is there anything else I need to look at before I turn her loose?

Thanks in advance guys!

Taco
Old 11-01-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No help???

Taco