Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ram air question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ram air question

i hope this is the correct place to post this question... but here it goes. i have a 98 z28 with a suncoast creations ram air hood... ss style... and the k&n ram air setup. it doesnt take air from under the car like most ram air kits... it seals up with the hood and gets all of its air from there... has anybody with this setup had problems in the rain? what about washing their car? i just dont wanna mess anything up. thanks in advance for your help.

robby
Old 11-29-2004, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

I believe that wraps around like the OEM correct? If looking from underneath the hood, the air comes into the and then becomes a Y where it travels down to the front of the airbox. There is no problem with rain water coming in from this design as the grille deflects most away in the hood. As the air travels around the bends any water in the flow will stay in the contours anyway. I hope this helps and enjoy the new look to your car! Any problems with fit or finish from SCC?
Old 11-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Air barely makes it in so I'm sure water isn't going to.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

That's another way of saying it...dick. Unit, I do have a rather inclusive Stang question. When you get the time PM or tell me what thread I should post into. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Launching!

ok thats what i was hoping to hear... yes thats exactly how it is... couldnt have said it better myself. i bought the car with the hood so i dont know how it fit when it was brand new but now it doesnt run even with the fenders... in the middle it is a little lower and by the headlights it is a little higher... looks like the hood might be sagging in the middle... you can only tell if you are looking for it pretty hard so its not a big deal to me.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mySStery_machine
That's another way of saying it...dick.
What can I say...I'm pretty blunt.

Originally Posted by mySStery_machine
Unit, I do have a rather inclusive Stang question. When you get the time PM or tell me what thread I should post into. Thanks!
PM coming your way.