Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fbody=poor quality

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-warped brake rotors

Thats my only complaint about my car. I need new ones again . For the price of the car, it can't be beat.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

I've turned the rotors a couple of times and installed a drivers window motor.The dealer repainted the front and rear bumper from the clear sheeting off.It has piston slap when cold but my wife always complained about the 69 Z we had because of the solid lifters,and it wasn't really fun to drive.I've had tons of 67,68,69,several 2nd gens and 1 3rd and the 2000 is my favorite,I love this car.It must be a good car because theres no rattles,leaks,or clunks and with just a cam,headers and a few mods its a slick away from a high 11 ET.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mattkimsey
I like the way fbodies look better. Ford quality + LS1&t56 would make the perfect car i guess
lmfao, this has to be one of the stuipdest satements i've ever heard. fords are known for being unreliable, infact- the only thing ford did right was circle the problem...
Old 02-12-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

-bent pushrods
this was done to save the motor. if you over-rev the engine with titanium push rods you're going to send a valve into your piston, and might need a new engine. this is a safty feature.

-piston slap
-oil consumption
i havent had any problems with either of these, but i believe the both happen at the same time. piston hasnt fully expanded in the sleeve, letting oil burn and causing slap when warming up. if you have slap after warmup its covered under warrenty.

-warped brake rotors
take your car up to 160 and slam on the breaks. when you stop you'll have warped rotors. people who ride the breaks or make sudden stops will end up with warped rotors.

-slow windows
my windows are going out on my i think. i'll probably end up just buying a motor with a lifetime warrenty. i'm pretty sure this is because our windows are so big, and arent held into place with anything.

-leaky t-tops
take care of your seals and this wont be a problem.

-10 bolt
our cars werent made to be run with slicks etc, and i've never seen anyone break theirs on the street with normal tires.

-cracked paint (on front of cars)
havent has a problem with this, nor have i seen any (newer) cars with this problem. i'm sure if you take care of your paint like your supposed to this wont be a problem.

-poor interior quality
i guess this is an opinion, because i like my interior :shrug:

-hatch dosent pop open well
easily adjustable, use the little rubber things.

most of your "problems" only occur when you dont take care of your car, or are doing something with it that it wasnt ment to do.

btw- go to any mustang site, since you seem to be so fond how reliable they are, and look at some of the problems their having. the first batch of 05 mustangs had major engine problems, and never made it out of the factory.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

The valves DO hit the pistons on a misshift [3-2 most common mechanical over rev]thank God the pushrods are weak.I have piston slap with zero oil usage,not one drop.I haven't had warped rotors since I've torqued the wheels myself,even after going thru the traps and getting on the binders hard.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LSONE
lmfao, this has to be one of the stuipdest satements i've ever heard. fords are known for being unreliable, infact- the only thing ford did right was circle the problem...

I second that LSONE! Not only did FORD circle the PROBLEM but Ford's slogan should be "At Ford ,quality is job one and RECALL is job two.
F=frequent O=overhaul R=rapid D=depreciation FORD
Old 02-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

fords are known for being unreliable, infact- the only thing ford did right was circle the problem...
lmfao, this has to be one of the stuipdest satements i've ever heard.
I agree.

Last edited by unit213; 02-12-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are a "tech regular"? I think they need more stringent guidelines.

Fords unreliable? I would explain why you are wrong, but I don't know enough one-syllable words.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:54 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok, this thread is going nowhere. time to flex some mod muscle.

Quick Reply: fbody=poor quality