Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security Issues When Starting

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Security Issues When Starting

Although mostly a lurker, when I do post you guys have helped alot w/ what issues I have had. So please help with this. Lately, whenever I unlock/get in car, I twist the key and no start. The Security and SES lights come on. I can then simulate the lock/unlock process from inside the car and WHAMO the car starts and the two lights go off. Not a real big deal, yet. I don't want to be stranded somewhere when my car in it's infinite intelligence, decides that i'm not worthy of drving it that day. The kicker is, it doesn't happen every time. Is it a short in the security wiring or what. A pretty car-savvy guy at work says it's prob. the resistor on the key. HELP ME OUT.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:08 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by TXLSS
Although mostly a lurker, when I do post you guys have helped alot w/ what issues I have had. So please help with this. Lately, whenever I unlock/get in car, I twist the key and no start. The Security and SES lights come on. I can then simulate the lock/unlock process from inside the car and WHAMO the car starts and the two lights go off. Not a real big deal, yet. I don't want to be stranded somewhere when my car in it's infinite intelligence, decides that i'm not worthy of drving it that day. The kicker is, it doesn't happen every time. Is it a short in the security wiring or what. A pretty car-savvy guy at work says it's prob. the resistor on the key. HELP ME OUT.
It may be your factory alarm. But your friend might be right. Next time it happens whipe your key on your jeans and see if cleaning it helps. And take the spare keys with you to see if it too has the same results.

If they both fail, then spray some contact cleaner into the key hole and maybe it'll clear any crud thats built up in there. If that fails you can either take it somewhere to get it fixrd or try the bypass mod and elimate it all together. Then get yourself Low-Jack for your car!

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Give the resistor a clean with alcohol
Old 02-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Had the same problem, I had my bro the electrician bypass the key-pass. The resistor on the key doesnt hold up very well then doesnt make good contact, could be dirt and grime also but I opted to get rid of it. I would hate to be in a hurry like running from a crazy *** girlfriend getting ready to throw something at you or your car and it doesnt start......that would suck!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Teching In

same thing happened to me one night after leaving the bar @ 2am and she wouldnt start at all. So i took a cab home got my spare and started her right up. but ever since my security light has stayed on and i even took her to the dealership and they ran diagnostic on the system and said it ran fine but the light wont turn off for some reason...hard to believe but maybe...scary though going out and wondering if shes gonna start.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:50 AM
On The Tree

Appreciate the help. Someone post a link/instructions for the bypass mod. I haven't heard of that one.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Teching In

interesting
Old 03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the ignition cylinder replaced and it solved a similar problem I was having with the security light and the no start symptoms.