Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full exhaust

arite i just recently bought a 2000 ss and its pretty much bone stock. i fugured i wanted to go with exhaust. so basically im asking whats the best setup for these cars? also include headers too. thanx.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are WAY too many answers for this...
the first starts with, perform a SEARCH.... you will find more info and opinions on exhasts then you will be able to process....

it really depends on what you want... what you are willing to handle (sound wise).... and how much $$$ do you have...

for some outstanding info , check out www.ls1sounds.com
Old 03-19-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on your SS. just like what jaberwaki said, its all about how much $$ you plan to spend. as for headers go full lengths over shorties and mid lengths. the ones everybody says is the best are qtp, and kooks. but they are expensive. and mid range price are hookers, and jet-hot headers. but i would really recommend going with the pacesetter headers. they came out of nowhere and alot of people are happy with them, and they have been proven to be good performing headers. the price of the pacesetters should only run you a little over 500 bucks for everything. thats alot better than paying 1200f or qtp or kooks. as for catbacks thats your personal preference. the one i like most is the loudmouth, it sounds really good. but once you go full length headers and off road y pipe, its all over. its obnoxiously loud. alot of people like the gmmg, but i didnt like it. i also like the corsa. it sounds real nice.but gmmg, and corsa are expensive as heck. magnaflow is also a good one, but alot of people say its too quiet. hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

SEARCH.

That being said, I am still going to post my opinion, of course. Don't cheap out on it, or anything else. Especially if you happen to live in the rust belt. In the long run, assuming you keep the car, a good quality set of stainless steel headers is worth the investment. When I did mine a couple years ago I got Jet-Hots, coated and shipped for ~$512. If I had the money, I would have bought something better. BTW: hookers, jet-hots are a middle quality/price header.

Now, for the universally accepted advice. Listen to as many examples IN PERSON as you can before deciding. Video/sound clips just do not do it justice, and unless you have heard a lot of these in person and on video you may not really know what you are getting based solely on the clip. This is especially true for the loudmouth with no cats. Do NOT do that unless you have heard it in person. And last but not least, install them yourself if at all possible. Headers make a great first time install.

Oh yeah, one last thing, how could I forget. IMO, the best sound comes from duals.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarodude88
arite i just recently bought a 2000 ss and its pretty much bone stock. i fugured i wanted to go with exhaust. so basically im asking whats the best setup for these cars? also include headers too. thanx.
one ideal setup would be longtubes with no cats and 3inch true duals.

whatever you do, MAKE SURE YOU GET LONGTUBES, not those crappy midlengths!
Old 03-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Teching In

thanx alot fer the help guys. btw money isnt really a big deal considering the fact that this would be a big upgrade im not willing to buy some crappy exhaust. thanx
Old 03-19-2005, 03:57 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

read the link in my sig or just go to the external section.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
one ideal setup would be longtubes with no cats and 3inch true duals.

whatever you do, MAKE SURE YOU GET LONGTUBES, not those crappy midlengths!
Like he said I would recommend Kook's headera and a TSP True Duals system or you could put together your own TD system. I have done my exhaust quite a few times to get it where I want it.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

QTP's with HVMC and GMMG catback

Quick Reply: full exhaust