Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ram Air Lid

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Air Lid

Will a aftermarket ram air lid fit on a non-ramair trans am? If so will it give me the power than an aftermarket lid for my car normally would?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok let's get everything in perspective first. The lids on the TA and WS6 are the same, besides the "RAM AIR" sticker on the lid of the WS6. The difference is the plastic radiator support beneath the lid, which is higher on the WS6 than the reg TA. So this being said just buy an aftermarket lid like one from SLP, MTI, TSP, etc. They will give you more HP and torque along with crisper throttle response.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
Ok let's get everything in perspective first. The lids on the TA and WS6 are the same, besides the "RAM AIR" sticker on the lid of the WS6. The difference is the plastic radiator support beneath the lid, which is higher on the WS6 than the reg TA. So this being said just buy an aftermarket lid like one from SLP, MTI, TSP, etc. They will give you more HP and torque along with crisper throttle response.
Well a buddy of mine said he has a lid off his ram air trans am. I think it was an aftermarket lid and he took it off before he sold the car. So would it actually be the exact same for my car?
Old 03-30-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Nevermind, I figured it all out. Thanks for the help.