Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A possible LT1 owner..

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by negativeONE
Wow, thank you very much for the tip. So do you think it would be better to go with the LS1 seeing how it's already priced $1500 lower then the 95 LT1 although it has 96,000 miles on it? I just did a NADA and Kelley blue book and they are saying around $10,000 for high retail and $8,000 for low, that's making me think that the Red 99 LS1 seems like a great deal, and traveling the extra 50 miles would be worth it.
If i were you, i'd drive both of them, and see which one drives the best, and seems to have the least amount of problems, and seems to have been taken care of the best.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Teching In

If it was up to me I would have already been at both places checking them out. The guy with the Black 95 said we have to wait till next Friday or Saturday to check it out and he also said that his mother backed into it and he has to get that fixed this week, so I'm not sure if he's trying to hide somthing and get something done to it before we see it or not. As for the Red 99, I'm going to call about that one today and see what's up with it, it was a "Former South Carolina Patrol Car" before which makes me think it was probably pushed hard alot, but also, was probably kept up on and proabbly really clean.

I'll keep you guys posted on my venture for the perfect beast.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by negativeONE
If it was up to me I would have already been at both places checking them out. The guy with the Black 95 said we have to wait till next Friday or Saturday to check it out and he also said that his mother backed into it and he has to get that fixed this week, so I'm not sure if he's trying to hide somthing and get something done to it before we see it or not. As for the Red 99, I'm going to call about that one today and see what's up with it, it was a "Former South Carolina Patrol Car" before which makes me think it was probably pushed hard alot, but also, was probably kept up on and proabbly really clean.

I'll keep you guys posted on my venture for the perfect beast.
ehh..both sound shady. and i wouldnt bet the patrol car was kept clean..they are usually beaten to hell. keep looking.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Did you try www.autotrader.com to find cars in your area. I think the car is reasonably priced for a camaro w/that kind of mileage but make sure its in good shape though. He may let it go for $7,000 but push for $6,500 I sold my 1996 camaro V6 for 5G's and it had 106,000 miles on it.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by CAMSSChrome; 04-13-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Yes, I used autotrader, autoshopper.com, and cars.com, the best one I've found so far is them two, and actually I was supposed to go see the 99 today but I'm not sure what's happening with that. It has 96K miles on the 99. I just love the 98 and up body style's so much more, even though it's pretty much the front end, it just looks meaner. I'm just hopeing I get a z28, that seems to be the only affordable LT1/LS1 out there.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Teching In

I never thought it would be so hard to find the right car...

Anyway, this is giving me a headache, I've been searching every day all day long for an affordable LS1.

If ANY of you guys out there know of ANY LS1's, perferably Camaro or TA within 100 miles of 19061 Area code, Near Phila PA, please let me KNOW! I think my dad is willing to pay 9,000 for a car that has low miles and is in great condition.

Why I'm posting this is because I called for that red 99 today and it already has a deposit on it, all the good ones are going fast, if anyone at all could help me out, it would be much appreciated!