45.37%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Its not an SS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
But not when you go to the bank to get a loan, or call your insurance agent for a policy. They have no clue what a SS is - but they do have a provision for the T/A with an "appearance and performance package".

I'm not going to go on to the Z28 vs SS again, since it's been battled good enough, but there are certain points that are missed.

Bang for your buck - Z28. Period.
Ok who said getting a loan anything..... The SS has a higher resale value. Plain and simple. On ur insurance does it say SS. No it says Z28 because in the Vin# the car was originally a Z28. It all works out in the end.
We pay more for SS. So its worth more in the end. Its not hard.
SS vs Z28 . How can some upgraded parts on the same car. Go against each other. Im talking when you want to sell ur SS. Will you price it in the Z28 range (a few grand less)?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nick_s
Thats fine, you bought what you liked, that wasn't my point... I'm not trying to shrink your ego. A couple people think they have the best car because it has some special letters on it
And them liking the *special* letters hurts you how?.....

and that it's going to be worth big money in the future. My Main point is that it wont be worth much, if any more, money than their so-called plain counterparts.
Right, and you will be one of the guys sitting around saying, man, I should have bought that SS to begin with. Did you forget that GM stopped making TA's and Camaros? Ever heard of price and demand? The fewer of something there is, the more it increases in value.

Another point was the guy stating the cost of upgrading a plain car to a fake SS, but im not sure if it was from and appearance or performance standpoint. Alas, who , in their right mind, would pay $1000 to put on a ram air hood when they could get better gains for $150. I think my TA looks fine with the regular hood. Do what makes you happy though
You really made no point there. Just sorta re-stated the obvious.

Edit: I just looked at your site and you bought yours used, so my comments really didnt apply to you anyway. "So, I dont see how you can make an ignorant general statement ..."
In a way it did. By your opening remarks. One about buyers of WS6's and then addressing all of us as *kids* Very ignorant, and a good way to NOT convince anyone of your ill-researched statements.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:10 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LINGENFELTER SS
Ok who said getting a loan anything
I did - just now. I'm just saying that it's not recognized, and some lending institutions won't give out a loan on a vehicle they think is a Z28, yet for some reason is $3000 more than what the Z28 is worth - because they can't understand the fact that there is such thing as a SS.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jrp
only in the newbie sections do these threads about z28 vs SS reach 4+ pages...

the 4th gen SS are just a shadow of there former self.

I feel embarrased as a newbie to have gotten deeply involved in part of this thread. Oh well, live and learn. No matter what you drive, if it has an LSX, in here, you are
Old 04-20-2005, 09:14 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

you've guys got 30 minutes to get all your argueing done as this thread will be taking a nap
Old 04-20-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
I did - just now.

I agree. But if ur selling ur car on the street. The math works.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well I have to look at it like this. When I bought my car, I hadn't looked at them that much. I just liked the looks of the SS and bought one.

Now, I can see buying a Z to save money but, the difference in price will be about the same once you put a new hood and spoiler on a Z. (if you do)

As far as resale goes, hope for a high price for all of them, but if production #'s mean anything, the SS/WS6 should sell for more. But I do suspect that the Z's and T/A's will keep a good resale.

Just my .02 but I think most of you will agree.
Tre
Old 04-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrp
you've guys got 30 minutes to get all your argueing done as this thread will be taking a nap
DEBATING, jrp, "Debating"!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:29 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by jrp
uh oh i better get my say in then.

people who bought SS's probably didn't do it for the performance gains...I know I didn't get mine for the mystical 330/345 (which it incidently dynoed at the wheels, but different story). I bought it for the 35th LE part, so the SS was just icing on the cake in that deal.

Honestly, I think you gouys should be rpoud that you own an Fbody. It's a large part of automotive history in and of itself. V6 or V8, its history. Enjoy it.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:33 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by 2002SS#7867
DEBATING, jrp, "Debating"!
lol, either way the count down is still ticking

this is after all a tech forum
Old 04-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Launching!

2000SS - come out to The lot in North Olmsted sometime and maybe talking to you would help get my point across instead of through the internet. Go look for it in the midwest forum.