Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jet_black
High-stalled autos > M6 at the track

M6(fun driving) > auto

Old 04-19-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
For someone who is not trying to bash the SS your awful negative over it.
Like I said its all ls1 just with or without garnish.... The basic stripped down z is the best deal. You cant find a stripper SS cause they're not made. If I wanted a v6 looking more produced Camaro I would have bought the Z28. But I wanted all the bells and whistles. To each his own. Your argument about your saving money works in the short run until you mod it to to be more like an SS then your on the loosing end. You've still got just a z28 for value and you've already shown the SS sold for 10k more.
I just put on the SS rims because the Z28 rims are the worst part about the car. I'm not going for the SS look in any other way. I am not trying to make it sound like SS owners shouldnt've have bought an SS, so I apologize for carrying that tone. 360$ is far from the difference in price between the two though, but you are right. If I were to modify my Z to look just like an SS, I defiantely would have made out better to buy an SS. Since I am not, however, (wider wheels are a necessity) I saved big time.

With the extra cost for the SS suspension, I have springs that I purchased aftermarket that are more specific to my type of driving (DMS). This isn't SS replication, if I bought an SS i would still need to replace the suspension for my needs (not saying everyone's) so I would've lost out even more w/ the SS.

Also, Borla came on the car, so even better

All I am saying is by buying a Z28, with the money you saved, you can modify more to your specific wants/desires and save a little money, rather then spending extra for factory performance equipment.

Last edited by Rescue Ranger; 04-19-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mulletwearingtadrive
M6(fun driving) > auto

A4(winning is fun > M6

Old 04-19-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
A4(winning is fun > M6

Chirping the tires in 3rd > slushbox

..that is until my 10bolt explodes.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SStheBest
u cant change what gm has done...is doing....and GONNA DO AGAIN.....geez drop it already
I'm going to. Just watch me!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All I am saying is by buying a Z28, with the money you saved, you can modify more to your specific wants/desires and save a little money, rather then spending extra for factory performance equipment.[/QUOTE]

Its the factory extras and mods that make the car hold value. If resale value is not a concern then buying the lowest price base model of any car is always the best value. You act like SLP is all show and no go. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with what is really equiped on an SS. Its not just a hood scoop and different spoiler. Read my sig. Those mods arent cheap. Labor is also a cost that your not looking at either. And in the end you've still got a car with less value. There are two sides to every coin. You dont seem to know what the other side of the coin looks like.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rescue Ranger
Chirping the tires in 3rd > slushbox

..that is until my 10bolt explodes.
being lazy > feeling like im riding a bike
Old 04-19-2005, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mulletwearingtadrive
M6(fun driving) > auto

I agree M6's are more fun to drive, but I do like my A4 in city traffic. I couldn't find any M6's around here in good shape, they had all been driven in a "fun" manner.

FWIW, the first three vehicles I've owned were sticks.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Banned

All I am saying is by buying a Z28, with the money you saved, you can modify more to your specific wants/desires and save a little money, rather then spending extra for factory performance equipment.[/QUOTE]

Its the factory extras and mods that make the car hold value. If resale value is not a concern then buying the lowest price base model of any car is always the best value. You act like SLP is all show and no go. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with what is really equiped on an SS. Its not just a hood scoop and different spoiler. Read my sig. Those mods arent cheap. Labor is also a cost that your not looking at either. And in the end you've still got a car with less value. There are two sides to every coin. You dont seem to know what the other side of the coin looks like.

SLP Sport Suspension(Progressive Rate Springs, Bilstein Shocks, LCA's),Auburn Diff, ZR1 chrome wheels, Are those mods worht 10k..
hell no but with them the car is worht 10k more than your z. You've proved it already for us.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My car wouldn't hold is value anyway. Eventually, I'll have to put a roll cage in it!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS

SLP Sport Suspension(Progressive Rate Springs, Bilstein Shocks, LCA's),Auburn Diff, ZR1 chrome wheels, Are those mods worht 10k..
hell no but with them the car is worht 10k more than your z. You've proved it already for us.
Calm down? I dont act like SLP is all show and no go, umm, look at my mods? Not nearly as extensive as yours, but SLP is not a bad company. Yes obviously I've proved my car is worth less, but I get almost the SAME PERFORMANCE. When buying a car like this, ME, I (meaning me personally, not saying this applies to all people) I am going to race/drive/own it for a long time. Therefore, why pay 10k more for something that barely improves performance? You've said it yourself, 10k more isn't worth what you get.

If however you only think about selling your car when you buy it, than thats fine, an SS is a good option because of tremendous resale value. It also relieves the headache of having to mod yourself. 375 is quite impressive with those mods. I never meant to get into a debate, again, I apologized for my tone in my last post. You're just stating your side of the coin as I did in my first post, now I'm trying to make both seem relevant.

My brother in law had an SS 2000 and sold it when he got married last year, and picked up a Z28 for 16500. Same performance, mucho dinero lesso... uh, lol. The SS is more money for similar performance, yet also has much more resale value. Its all in what your preferences are in buying a car.

I don't think I can state it any clearer.

Last edited by Rescue Ranger; 04-19-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
My car wouldn't hold is value anyway. Eventually, I'll have to put a roll cage in it!
Yea same here. After mods, you're car isn't worth any more, so why pay more to start with the same car after you are just going to tear it up anyways... unless you don't plan on tearing it up and want to own it as a nice driveable car w/ high resale value, which I believe what he was talking about
Old 04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eventually, I'd like to have a Goat to drive everyday, and the Z will become a street bruiser. Now all I need is time and money.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

My civic I bought from an acting major at my college for 1100$, 96k miles, all service records. Saved me almost 900$ a year on insurance, since the Z wasn't my DD anymore. DD's rock. Some people ask me if its VTEC, which is funny because the difference in hp is 102 and 116 , almost same as advertised from Z28 and SS. Mine is the 102 hp 98tq version.. lol.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Spray it!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

NAZZZZ! ILL BEAT U SLOW LS1's SUM DAY
Old 04-19-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have always had the desire to spray a civic of my own, at least till the guts hang out. But my desire for a muscle car is greater.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

Here's one to consider. I have a 98 formula, so i get this **** all the time. This is what I tell everybody. Who cares what it is ss - ws6 - firehawk whatever. How long do these things keep those factory options that came with the extra cost of an ss or ws6. Okay yeah they look better and all but when the rubber meets the road looks don't mean ****. Wow SS got better exhaust 10 minutes after being home they tore it off put true-duals or something on it. (1 option down) better suspension really? 1 month later they rip it out put koni's on it lower it 1 in. (Option 2 down) okay now what does a base model camaro or bird do. Same damn thing. You rip the factory crap off put same headers and exhaust that the ss - ws6 got and im in the same bracket as you. I can drop mine 1 inch and put koni's on it and physically we are the same. Its all appearance I am partial towards birds but I like the camaro. On the road we are all equals and all demand respect except for those few who shall remain nameless.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are like a bunch of knuckle draggin, tire grindin', military sons of guns, when theres no one to fight, you fight amongst yoursleves.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Banned

I meant the SLP mods. Which is what makes it an SS. In order to get better performance you need to spend more money than you think to match the SS mods is what I was trying to say. Its not just a hood scoop and spoiler, wheels. Theres a lot more to it.
If I didnt own one and wanted to buy an ls1 right now I might try to find a stripped Z with low miles. I like that aftermarket carbon fiber hood and that would be an instant addon. The lighter overall weight of the car should make it a little quicker as well but I would still be spending money on wheels and tires. Do stripped Z's come with lca's and phb's? If not then I'd have to spend money there as well as better shocks. konis are now in the 770 range for sa's. Add all that together and it shouldnt equate to 10k if I do all the work myself. But in the hot summer I dont have ac, which is essential to me and would be a major drawback. Also what about the interior? Base model Z's come with leather? I actualy like a car fully loaded with all the options. I see you point, just didnt like way you were saying it, appology accepted lol..