Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tubular k member

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tubular k member

would putting a tubular k member on void my warranty?
Old 05-08-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Not unless it is determined that the K-member was the source of the problem that you are trying to get fixed under warranty.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by felton316
Not unless it is determined that the K-member was the source of the problem that you are trying to get fixed under warranty.

are you sure? cause this is weather or not i buy a bmr tubular k member or just buy another stock one
Old 05-08-2005, 01:32 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

its a structural part of the car so my guess is yes. keep mods simple or dont do them if your under warrenty or simply just ask your dealership.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i was hoping to have someone read this thread that worked at a dealership, that way they could tell me...
Old 05-08-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stange567
are you sure? cause this is weather or not i buy a bmr tubular k member or just buy another stock one
Yes. They might try to deny warranty but that is against the law. They can't deny claims for something like a power window motor or rear shocks, because it has nothing to do with the k-member. Now if you try to claim that you can't keep an alignment, they will probably laugh at you due to the k-member.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stange567
would putting a tubular k member on void my warranty?
Nothing you can do will flat void the warranty entirely. If they can prove that what you altered caused the part in question to fail they can/will refuse to warranty it. The dealer will bullshit you and just flat refuse warranty work at the drop of a hat a lot of the time though. If in doubt, contact your local dealer(s) and see what they say. Some dealers will attempt to void based on an air lid, others allow longtubes and dealer installed LS6/hotcam setups.

For the most part when you start modding you should count on losing warranty coverage.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:29 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you try and find a used factory k-member on these boards, lots of guys are ditching them. i've even seen parts like that flat out given away if you come pick it up

why the hell do you need a new one anyway?

as for warranty, every stealurshit :cough: dealership, is different. some of them will void you for having non-GM issued sparkplugs in the car where others dont care if you've got direct port spray hooked up

edit: diddnt read the above post lol

how much longer does your warranty have left?
Old 05-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
you try and find a used factory k-member on these boards, lots of guys are ditching them. i've even seen parts like that flat out given away if you come pick it up

why the hell do you need a new one anyway?

as for warranty, every stealurshit :cough: dealership, is different. some of them will void you for having non-GM issued sparkplugs in the car where others dont care if you've got direct port spray hooked up

edit: diddnt read the above post lol

how much longer does your warranty have left?

i have a little under 3 years left.. yeah i dont know if i wanna slap another stock k member on there