Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car still won't start...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car still won't start...

Well I'll try and give a full overview to my problem. First awhile back, maybe a month at most, the car didn't start in the morning. I jumped it and it fired up. I drove it for a week or two, then it happened again. I went to get my battery checked and they said it was ok. It happened again about a week later. I went ahead and replaced the battery. Now it happened again about a week and half - 2 weeks later. This time i replaced the alternator. Now the next day it is dead again (I drove it for 20 minutes so it should have been charged). WTF what can cause the battery to be draining over night. No lights are left on or doors open. No lights stay on after I shut the doors and lock it. I'm just completly lost. Now after I installed the alternator I did jump it and let it run for awhile, then I shut it off, and cranked it back up after about 1 minute. I did this because my car is wierd after you jump start it. It idles really high (2,000+rpms) so when i cranked it back up after disconecting the battery for about 5 minutes it ran perfect. I drove it for 20 minutes and then shut it off. This morning I go to work and it doesn't crank. I get it jump started after like 5 tries and it started but again is idling high. One thing I do notice, that may not be anything, is that about 1 minute after the car is cut off, it will make a wierd whirring noise for about 5 seconds and then stop. Again that may be nothing. I just need to know what is wrong!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the computer checked. See if there are any codes. I'm guessing the engine does not turn over at all when this happens since you think the battery is a fault Also, it could be the neutral safety switch, but the car acting funny when it does start makes me think otherwise. Oh, wait just a thought are the bat terminals really clean (on the inside too), check it out first.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car is not showing any codes, and yeah...when i changed out the battery i poured coke on them as well because there was some buildup on the connection.