Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z28 vs. SS (worth extra cash?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I get so many compliments on my car, and most of them are related to the fact that they actually think my car is vastly different from the Z28.
for the record, I also get so many compliments on my car, and only once has SS been mentioned and that was by a girl I had formerly dated, "what no super-sport?" Yeah I know it's no civic ex like she was driving but...lol

people literally yell things at my car on a regular basis, pull up beside tell me through their windows etc. If it's attention you're looking for, you definitely don't need the SS.

Of course my hood, borla/6speed, and chrome wheels on black help B-)
Old 06-12-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
This BS is ridiculous.
Take a deep breath man. This place is called a "forum". It's designed for people to debate issues and share information. Maybe you would be happier if you just didn't read the threads you think are dumb, like, that's pretty dumb of you to read such a ridiculous thread.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
" Man that would be bad AZZ if it was a SS "
Talk about a dumb statement, a Z28 IS VERY BAD-***, you care if an idiot doens't know that?
Old 06-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shooter_Jay
Take a deep breath man. This place is called a "forum". It's designed for people to debate issues and share information. Maybe you would be happier if you just didn't read the threads you think are dumb, like, that's pretty dumb of you to read such a ridiculous thread.
Oh yea there ya go girl, you just continue the ignorance, You seem to be good at it. Is that the first factor for buying a Z28?
Yes this is a forum, but people putting down the car depending on which badge it wears is pretty stupid. You seem to be living for this fight, which IMO makes you just a stupid little kid with an inferiority complex over your Z28. They are both the same car, no need to put one or the other down.
now pisser jay.. you take a deep breath and then don’t respond for a week. Maybe by then you'll have your head popped out and can see things more clearly.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shooter_Jay
Talk about a dumb statement, a Z28 IS VERY BAD-***, you care if an idiot doens't know that?
I bought my Z28 and made it look like an SS so I could get the attention my parents never gave me... We know your story jay girl, but it will never hold the same value.
Oh ya jaygirl dont bother, with your dumbass in the thread I've unsubscribed.
Your right, I dont need to be part of your ignorance anymore.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I bought my Z28 and made it look like an SS so I could get the attention my parents never gave me... We know your story jay girl, but it will never hold the same value.
Oh ya jaygirl dont bother, with your dumbass in the thread I've unsubscribed.
Your right, I dont need to be part of your ignorance anymore.
'nuff said
Old 06-12-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

I drove through a movie theatre parking lot last night just as all the movies let out with the T-tops off in my freshly waxed Z28 and a huge group of older teenagers or young 20's yelled "nice car!" at me. When I pulled out of the lot, I watched every single persons eyes follow my car. Of course my exhaust note doesn't hurt me either! The point is, either one WILL get you some attention.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought my SS for different reasons than most, I think. I plan on having it many, many years from now. As far as production goes, an SS is more rare than a Z28. So, 20 years from now they will be worth more, theoretically. Secondly, I was born the same year as Camaro and I've wanted to own an SS since I was old enough to ride in one because of what it represents. It's the baddest of all Camaros (and other nameplates for that matter). Also, I had a '93 V6 Coupe and it had a more aggressive look than a later 4th gen Z. But, my '00 SS has that muscle car look, which I love. And then there's the price. I got lucky. I found mine by accident. My SS had one previous owner who had the car less than 9 months. It had 15k miles on it and was still under factory warranty when I bought it, for $21k. Cheaper than a new Z28, and it was a loaded (but stock), M6 SS in my favorite color (Navy Blue Metallic). Since they aren't being produced right now, you probably won't find a deal like that but, if you have the time you should look. If your going to do a lot of mods anyway, why buy it new. Save even more money and find a sweet, pre-owned.
Attached Thumbnails Z28 vs. SS   (worth extra cash?)-ls1car-rear.jpg  
Old 06-13-2005, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

That cars hot man. I just got my SS for 15k i saved a grand on it they had it marked as 16k on car but 15k on internet i showed em the papers i printed off and they said ok deal . Was an 01 62k miles not bad for being exactly what I was looking for.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

animal that's a sweet SS, the wheels look sweet. I hear ya about the lore of the SS. As for it's future value though, I think you could get much better return on the cash you'd save on non-ss even just in the bank compared to what a z28 or ss compare as in the future. Don't get me wrong I fully understand spending the extra, it's the same reason I'm not driving some econobox. Just clarifying, for the money is for the wrong reason, but the real important thing is you made the right decision going with the LS1
Old 06-13-2005, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Just curious going off topic here when people say I have an m6 would that man a manual 6 speed?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup m6=6 speed manual a4=4spd auto
Old 06-13-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camaroPOWER
That cars hot man. I just got my SS for 15k i saved a grand on it they had it marked as 16k on car but 15k on internet i showed em the papers i printed off and they said ok deal . Was an 01 62k miles not bad for being exactly what I was looking for.

No wonder they said ok to the 15k, they ripped you off. That's high for that.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

I wouldnt of bought it with high milage like that normally but this wasthe exact car I wanted.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

i got my Z for $6k at 52K miles, it runs great and with the very few mods i have on it, i can keep up with a stock LS1 SS, normally beat em at the 1/4 unless i have a shitty start. People like to put it down becuase it isnt an LS1 but I dont care, I love my car and that's all that matters to me
Old 06-15-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want to look like a six banger with some fender badges and an extra exhaust tip get the Z28, lol.

If all your concearned with is going fast get the Z, if you want resale value and a car that will turn heads get the SS.

At one time I had two 2001 Camaros, one a Z28 and the other an SS, I swear the Z28 was faster and I could not tell them appart in handling.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Launching!

I maybe out of line but I honestly dont care for the SS spoiler. The hood is real nice however. Buy the car you find that you like best, who cares if its a Z28 or SS. Make it your own.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoysNightOut
I am looking into buying a Camaro here within the next few months and I really have always loved SS's. I don't want to settle for any less really. However, I'm starting to notice not too much of a difference at all between the SS package and a regular Z28. I plan to mod it quite a bit and am shooting for high 300 to low 400's of horsepower for the first initial mods.

I saw a video of a really nice SS, very loud and powerful. Then I saw a regular Z28 camming, and it was even better.

Any opinions on what is worth to get? Seems I can get a Z28 for much cheaper than a SS and afford more mods...what's the deal on these?
get whats you want or you wont ever be satisfied. if i was gonna mod heavy id just by the z28. but if you want the look and the wide stock wheels...go for the SS. its up to you, what will YOU be satisfied with?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:42 AM
12 Second Club

SS man is the way to go
Old 06-16-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i was looking for a camaro i went went the Z28 its about 8-12k cheaper depending on what year...why spend that much more for hood, spoiler, wheels, exhaust, lid, suspension etc....people cant tell if mine is a Z28 or SS on the street and i get heads turned all the time! especially with the Zo6 wheels..i spent about 1100 on the hood and spoiler(after paint) and about 1500 wheels+tires..so in the long run i think i did better...but if i wanted something to be all original i would get the SS hands down...it sells better too...but IMO i would just get a Z28 and then throw on what u want..

Quick Reply: Z28 vs. SS (worth extra cash?)