New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the site, need a little info please....

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site, need a little info please....

How goes it?

I have a 2000 GMC 1500 serria ext cab, 5.3L Vortech, all stock, except for exhuast, and my friend and i bought a Hypertech Power Programer III, used off ebay for $160.00, not bad, heres the trouble, i didnt realize that it could only be programed to one truck and a time, but man it made a difference!

He Has a 5.3L in a 2000 Chevy 1500 ext cab, we had some flooding, he was dumb and blew his engine, i have some great photos, but those are for another thread. Anyways, he got a brand new engine through statefarm, now it has about 900 miles on it.

Anyways, after his break-in, his truck was a little faster than mine, not much, most of it was because i have larger off-road tires, well we used the hypertech on his truck, now it is way faster, he can have a quad in the back, and run away from me.

So my question is, does anyone know of a way that we can get around only being able to use the hypertech on one truck at a time?

And if anyone could post up what their settings were for there hypertechs, that would be awesome.

Thanks again! and i really love the site, i think it will be very helpful.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 06-13-2005, 06:00 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

When you make changes via HPP, it stores the stock configuration so it can be restored to that VIN # only. AFAIK there is no way to circumvent that. Hey, like Hypertechs' mucho prices or not, they are trying to make a living, I guess.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No way around it man, sell the HPPIII and go in together on HPtuners, they are setup for 2 vin #'s per purchase
Old 06-13-2005, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another vote for hptuners....

handheld tuners suck...
Old 06-13-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hp tuner here too. I didn't want to shell out 500$ at first but the more I mod the more usefull its become. One of my best mods.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
No way around it man, sell the HPPIII and go in together on HPtuners, they are setup for 2 vin #'s per purchase
its 2 car years per purchase, so like you can pick 2000 and 2001 and that is the only requirement to tune it. hp tuners rocks but for a stock car and someone with no experience its not gonna help much, either have a professional tune it or do another more useful mod like exhaust or intake.