Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Conditioning Output

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air Conditioning Output

I was in an accident a few months ago and the dash had to be replaced from the air bags deploying. Well now when I turn on my A/C, the air will be directed out whatever location I select, however, after about 20 minutes, something happens and the output gets directed somewhere in the dash. I put it on high and switch the output location and it is VERY weak on all settings. I can hear it blowing, it just isn't coming out any of the vents.

Anyone have thoughts as to why it only does this after the car has been running for a bit? I can turn off the car and when I turn it back on, everything is fine. Is a vacuum tube disconnected, etc?

Thanks for any help
Old 06-21-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like you may have a vacuum leak of some sort... the vacuum hose that affect the a.c is located on the back of the intake manifold. you may want to check that hose to see if its loose...
Old 06-21-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by natronathon
sounds like you may have a vacuum leak of some sort... the vacuum hose that affect the a.c is located on the back of the intake manifold. you may want to check that hose to see if its loose...
That is what others have said...but if there was a problem with that line, why would it drop the output after a certain duration and not just from the get go?