Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The best TD setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The best TD setup?

I searched but I havent found the information I am really looking for.

I have enough money to invest in new tires/wheels or headers/TD. So while not having decided which to go with I figured I would research more.

I know for my setup I will probally be getting coated pacesetter headers. I also am decided on going with an X setup over the H. Now where I am having trouble with it deciding whether or not to keep the cats, or do without them. I know if I get rid of the I will need to get 02 sims, but if I keep them it looks like it will be costing me a lot more.

And now my center focus. I know a lot of people go with Lanes duals, and there are those that go with TSP Rumbler X.. My question is what are the other selections out there and what's the major difference in them? Im guessing it's the muffler, but would that really make a major effect in the sound? I have been to ls1sounds but all the clips are of the same setup or are cars with heavier modding than what I am looking at (I.E. Cams). Im trying to keept this to a lower budget project, but I dont want to sacrifice to much just because I am cheap. The TSP has my eye simply as it's all peiced together and as far as I know all I would need is the headers to complete the setup, is that right or no?

Also, I could use help on deciding which to go with:

17x7.5 Chrome Palmetto wheels wrapped in Fuzion tires
or
Pacesetter headers and TD
Old 06-21-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TSP would be a good choice. You cant go wrong with Pacesetters.

I would do the TSP system if I was in your shoes. I would also ask for twister mufflers with the kit instead of dynomax bullets.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:03 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cats or not, its the placement or or absence of rear o2 bungs that deligates whether you need o2 sims.

your asking if muffler choices have an effect on sound . of course they do, however cheap microphones as often used to catch sound might not express the nuiances between different mufflers. i have Jet Hots and TSP duals and im junking them in favor of more eloquent and refined sound. also im going with new headers and custom TD's out the back. my TSP were just to ****** loud, but some of that can be attributed to my high compression and 15* overlap but still.

if you still opt for TSP duals i believe they offer them with other mufflers other then bullets, so i'd go that route. bullets = IMO...
Old 06-21-2005, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

I'd go with the Coated pacesetters, TSP rumbler X and a different muffler. I'm still running dynomax bullets...for now, car sounds okay to me.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to swap my bullets out for something else, just to see if i like it. i was thinking of just swapping in some sweet thunder mufflers, if i can find some for cheap.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Launching!

"cats or not, its the placement or or absence of rear o2 bungs that deligates whether you need o2 sims."
-I would like more info on that please, still new to the whole setup. Would it cost me more to keep the cats? Im not sure yet but I might have to get the emissions test on the car when I move.

I have the catback rumbler exhaust right now, and it's not very loud at all. No one can even hear it at the drag strip when I go down and the seating area isnt very far away from the track...

Has anyone put a muffler in place of the bullet styles and got a better sound? The idea on this is mainly to gain the extra few horses from the stock setup.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:23 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

most if not all Y or X pipes do not come with provisions for rear o2's because they lack the o2 bung. if you however want to keep your rear o2 sensors in proper working order then all thats needed is to purchase the bung and have it welded into your Y or X. rear o2's are for measuring if your cats are still working properly and not letting X amount of hydrocarbons out. they do not effect performance and can be deleted or removed as most of us do.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My rear O2 sensors are less than a foot away from my front O2 sensors. The are installed at the begining of my cutouts. I have NO cats and the system has been installed since 16 June and my SES light has never lit up. The only reason they were installed is because my O2 sims arrived late. The install was easy (I have Pacesetter LTs & TSP True Duals) for both the headers and exhaust. Hope this helps.