Sponsored by:

Leaving Rice, Entering Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005 | 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

o yeah, and dont drink and drive!
Old 07-03-2005 | 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

first get a kill switch or sum kind of anti theift device, it would suck to get towed from your drive way at night time (CROOKS!) this cars are expensive on the insurance....

LS1 <---love that one...yeeeAAH!!!
Old 07-03-2005 | 05:01 PM
Launching!

Hey man great choice. I'm 18 and love my ls1. Please dont be stupid. and dont race everyone...... you'll learn fast gas isnt cheap. G'luck
Old 07-04-2005 | 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah be careful man...i have been through two v6 camaros before i finally get to step up to the ls1..gotta 94 lt1 camaro that is the parents and i get to drive it but mom wouldnt let me have the ls1 til i was old enough and proved i could handle it...and im 20...the ls1 are monsters and can get away from you quick...no question about it..its a whole different world than the ricers...just be head smart and dont think your better than that car cause they will show you they own you in a heartbeat...in the end they are the boss not you..i have seen it happen all too often as i work in an operating room...be safe
Old 07-04-2005 | 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro
athe ls1 are monsters and can get away from you quick...no question about it..its a whole different world than the ricers...just be head smart and dont think your better than that car cause they will show you they own you in a heartbeat...in the end they are the boss not you..i have seen it happen all too often as i work in an operating room...be safe
Wise words there....I spun mine around a couple times in the first few weeks i had it. Like he said respect the car and it wil respect u. I would try to get some good sticky street tires early on, It helps alot.
Old 07-05-2005 | 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by baldwin0070
Even though I'm only 16, I been driving since I was 6. I've drove everything from trucks to combines. But thanks for the advice. I dont think driving experience will be a big factor since all of my friends are big into the racing scene both street and track.

what do your friends have to do with your driving experience?
Old 07-05-2005 | 03:44 AM
TECH Resident

Even though I'm only 16, I been driving since I was 6. I've drove everything from trucks to combines. But thanks for the advice. I dont think driving experience will be a big factor since all of my friends are big into the racing scene both street and track.
I have to agree with the poster above me, what do your friends have to do with driving experience.
It doesn't matter what I say, you won't listen to me or any other board member, and I don't blame you, you are going to do what YOU want to do, not what we want. It doesn't matter how long you have been driving things, like combines, trucks, ect. unless you come from high performance cars, this is a car that can take YOU over instead of you taking it over. At 16 I would have killed myself with a car like this, having your friends in the racing on the street AND track is even more bad news for someone your age.

I stand strongly on how I feel for this, work your way up to it, but sence you are going to get one, don't do anything stupid in it ( showing off will almost ALWAYS = bad results )
Old 07-05-2005 | 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice
20 Year Member

And this is why I haven't gotten a street bike at 20... cause I'm a HP Junky and can't stand going slow... I know I'd kill myself in a heart beat. Like I said before.. Racing schools are truly your best friends. You can try Bondurant... they have some killer Z06's to go play with.
Old 07-05-2005 | 11:01 AM
Teching In

Wink

I guess I will take your guys advice to some extent; i guess i will attend a driving/racing school. When i said my friends are into the racing scene, I meant they could help with things to do and things not to do. They are not into showing off either and neither am I so that wont be a problem.
Felixllka I didn't mean to offend you or neglect your knowledge if that is what i did. Don't take it personally, I don't seem to listen to anybody except myself.
Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by baldwin0070; 07-05-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2005 | 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Felixllka I didn't mean to offend you or neglect your knowledge if that is what i did. Don't take it personally, I don't seem to listen to anybody except myself.
Thanks for the feedback.
I know how that is, I actually think we ALL know how that is, I thought I knew everything at 16.. boy was I wrong
Old 07-06-2005 | 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
welcome to the club man! No hatemail here. Definetely look for as new an F-body with as LOW mileage as your budget allows. If you are a Baldwin, as in the actors, I would recommend a 2002 SS or WS6 with under 15K miles, being that I am sure your checkbook can handle it.

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, that's what we're here for, not to hate.

Seeya man, and good choice!
Brad
could be one of the Baldwins that own Maui...no relation to the actors, them ******* are rich as hell, own an Hawaiian Airlines, Matson Shipping and god knows what else..if u are either of them, send a check to me$$$
Old 07-06-2005 | 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Well another young guy to young guy post here, when not if but when you do stupid **** make sure you are in something like say a parking lot, no driveways or pedestrians to worry about, and just enjoy the car cause you wont if you carsh it.