New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do i have a LIMON

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well my drag radials (which i dont think nittos really make that catagory.. i mean an et street is a drag radial nittos have sidewalls and tred throught the contact path ) lasted longer than my goodyears that came on the car did and also to cut a 1.81 on a stock converter they required no heating up just a tiny spin th clear **** off of them and 15 psi cold ... ironically enough this seems to be where i get the longest life out of them tooo, any higher psi and t middle burns out quicker than the outsides
Old 07-11-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
well my drag radials (which i dont think nittos really make that catagory.. i mean an et street is a drag radial nittos have sidewalls and tred throught the contact path ) lasted longer than my goodyears that came on the car did and also to cut a 1.81 on a stock converter they required no heating up just a tiny spin th clear **** off of them and 15 psi cold ... ironically enough this seems to be where i get the longest life out of them tooo, any higher psi and t middle burns out quicker than the outsides
ET streets are considered slicks. The Nitto 555R is definately considered a drag radial.

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm...ls%20/%20Tires

They are dot approved and speed rated to 147 I believe but they are not what anyone would consider a true street tire. They use a softer compound and the tread pattern makes them dangerous in snow and heavy rain. But they are definately great for dry weather and track duty. And unlike ET streets you can get 10K plus miles as well as feeling safe driving on them to and from the track.

They do fair well in the rain (better then other drag radials) but in down pours or after 5K miles they get a little hairy. Still need to be alot more careful in wet weather then you would with F1's or KDWS's.

Last edited by darrensls1formula; 07-11-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got 6 months worth of times and ill have some better opes now that i got a stall... get your self of nitto 555R's thell shaved a 1\2 seccond off my 60' and even i can get like 12k miles out of em i did 315-35-17 .. and yes thats still a street tire their DOT approved
are those times with all your mods, besides the stall? youve ogt a hefty suspension. theres no way a near stock a4, like the poster's would cut that kinda 60ft. thats what i meant to say. heck, my car with full exhaust and all the air intake crap, and 3.73s on MT slicks couldnt do that. and i tried. the stall should stop that though.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

dam! stall and slicks= ls1 powered sling shot

i had great traction b4 my stall but now my nittos are worthless i loose traction on dry pavement at 50 mph sometimes from a dig i can burn the nittos forever but im hoping with some restraint on my behalf i should be able to cut some lower times soon... ive heard of people cutting lower 60 foots on nittos than 1.8 with a stall
Old 07-11-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam! stall and slicks= ls1 powered sling shot

i had great traction b4 my stall but now my nittos are worthless i loose traction on dry pavement at 50 mph sometimes from a dig i can burn the nittos forever but im hoping with some restraint on my behalf i should be able to cut some lower times soon... ive heard of people cutting lower 60 foots on nittos than 1.8 with a stall
ive got a 4000 stall on the way, im hoping i can get some 1.8s or better. last time at the track with mentioned mods and slicks, 2.07 was the best 60 i could muster