New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are my rotors warped???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005 | 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

ill have slotted rotors on my car sometime this week.im looking forward to it.
Old 07-23-2005 | 06:16 PM
Teching In

I just put cross-drilled and slotted iRotors and Hawk HPS ceramic pads all around on mine. What a difference! With stock on my 98 and 99, I was turning and/or replacing rotors twice a years and eating up two to three sets of pads to boot.
Old 07-23-2005 | 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

BTW, just sometimes ppl over see things, make sure you do the bolt patter at i thin a 110 ft-lb's or else you'll have a pretty shaky brake pedal due to brake pulse, even with the new rotors.
Old 07-24-2005 | 10:37 PM
On The Tree

I had the same problem. Bought my 02 TA brand new and withing 20k, I had them turned. Withing 12K, they were turned again. Every stinking time a let a dealership rotate my tires, they warped my rotors. I got the drilled & slotted rotors on ebay. May have went overboard, but I put all 4 on. But it's been over a year now & about 40K miles and no vibration whatsoever -- oh, until I had the tires rotated at the dealership. Apparently they can't follow directions. I asked for them to be hand-torqued, but failed to mention the star pattern (figured they had sense enough to figure that one out!). As soon as I left, I put on the brakes and had a slight vibration. I was pissed to say the least, but it's my word against their's that they screwed up my rotors. And me being a woman, well I don't know what I'm talking about anyway! So, from now on, I'm standing over the top of whoever rotates and changes my tires! That way, they don't screw up my $300 rotors!

Quick Reply: Are my rotors warped???