Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dream Set-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dream Set-up

I got my T/A this last December and Im still in stock form. I've saved up some money (being in Highschool paying $300 a month for a car, having spending money, AND mod money isnt easy) and I want to know where to start. I've read these forums many times and have gotten SOO MUCH information and tips. THank you guys.

I want to mod this car and I want to do it right. I dont want to redo anything. MY plans are to get a Lunati 383 for graduation and add a more aggressive cam-1 7/8 headers-9" rear... and stuff like that. That's in a year though.

For one, what would be the pros/cons of a 383 over a 408? A Charlotte Fbod shop has them both the same price.

For two, the main purpose of the thread, what would be your DREAM SET UP? Think this through and post every mod, little and big, that would make it...
Old 08-08-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

when i 1st got my ws6 i wanted a turbo but the price was 6500 plus 1000 installation plus 500 for tuning....i couldnt imagine dropping $8000 on my car......shhiiiiiitttt!!! after it was all done the 1st time (h/c, full boltons, labor & tuning) i probably had damn close to $8000 into, then i upgraded the heads/cam/lsx intake and again, labor and tuning and that was more $$$$. the i spun a bearing, my buddy bought my entire top end for $3000, i sold the 8.8 rear i just bought had delivered for $1800 and got lucky and found a barely used twin turbo kit. so i jumped onthe deal and once again i got the labor and tuning to pay for. the good thing is i got to know the guy that does the labor and were friends now and cruise around together and he always is cool on the labor. he lets me make payments if i need to.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

W2W 408 shortblock
custom cam(grind numbers secret till i build it and dyno it)
AFR 225 heads milled for 11.5/1 CR
QTP steaped headers
LSX INT/TB 90/90
racetronix fuel pack
60lbs injectors
True Duels (fabbed by me)
lid any
Chromoly DS
hughes th400
hueghes 4400 stall
FAB9 9" full spool 4.11 35 spline 1/2 wheelstud extentions
Madman LCA's & TQ arm