New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should you buy a trans am if... (gf complaining)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 08:40 AM
TMF
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 45 years old, have been married for 24 years, have been a motorhead since 16. My wife is into cars also, but even if she wasn't she would never get in between my love for cars and my love for her/family. I don't cheat, drink, do drugs, etc. this is my distraction in life and she lets me have it. If this women loved you, she would understand by taking this from you, she's changing you. Explain it one time, if she fights you, let er go.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

She drives a Civic. That shows her taste in cars sucks anyways, so you shouldn't take any advice from her in that regards
Old 08-22-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Next time just keep your mouth shut and buy whatever the hell you want. I've never consulted with my girl about buying a car (or much of anything else). I like to keep her on her toes. She never knows from one day to the next if I will pull into the driveway with a new ride.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 954RR
Next thing I may do is throw her in the gutter and then find another
Good idea, just as Easy E said it way back when...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

If you were so sure you wanted the car, why would you ask her? Are you looking for a reason not to purchase the car?

I can understand if ya'll live together and share expenses. But, if thats not the case I cant see how this scenario would arise. My b/f does what he wants with his money and his vehicles. I do the same with mine. At times we'll ask one another for opinions on set ups or repairs but thats it. He has his hobbies, which I may not find any interest in but, I wont tell him he cant buy/collect what he wants cause it makes him happy. And ultimately i want him to be happy. Plus, god forbid the day some one tell me something about my car.

Ive never told him what to buy or not buy. Maybe what not to sell if I like something but thats cause I am a spoiled brat
Old 08-22-2005, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

I notice you said something about gas mileage...
I just have one question, why would you buy these cars for gas mileage?
I told my co-signer (yea yea. i had to have one) that these cars are great on gas mileage, and didnt make much power. and so did the salesman! wooo!
Get it. love it.
Get your girl in it and go WOT. she will either love it, or absolutly hate it.
But who cares either way =)
Old 08-22-2005, 01:40 PM
SSU, come over and relax

sounds like she needs a good dick slap
Old 08-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Launching!

car > girl
Old 08-22-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get the car and never look back
James
Old 08-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SOM_of_a_Beach
If you were so sure you wanted the car, why would you ask her? Are you looking for a reason not to purchase the car?

I can understand if ya'll live together and share expenses. But, if thats not the case I cant see how this scenario would arise. My b/f does what he wants with his money and his vehicles. I do the same with mine. At times we'll ask one another for opinions on set ups or repairs but thats it. He has his hobbies, which I may not find any interest in but, I wont tell him he cant buy/collect what he wants cause it makes him happy. And ultimately i want him to be happy. Plus, god forbid the day some one tell me something about my car.

Ive never told him what to buy or not buy. Maybe what not to sell if I like something but thats cause I am a spoiled brat
I never said anything about asking her if I should buy it... what I said was I told her about it and then she began bitching like it was her job.

As a matter of fact we do live together so it makes it suck worse but buying it will have no affect on my ability to pay any bills (full academic ride )

I have decided to get this car though no matter what. Thanks everyone for your support and add me to the list of ws6 drivers!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 954RR
Ok I have the perfect TA WS6 picked out from a member here on ls1tech. 2000 WS6 m6 with cam/ tune ls6 intake and a bunch of other misc bolt ons... new nittos in the rear and BFG KWD's in the front... for 13000! I sign papers on it next weekend.
The thing is is my gf has been bitching nonstop ever since I told her about it. I mean saying stuff like "TA's look like a big bird's beak sticking out" and they are for "immature punks". "They do worse on gas than a truck". Tons of stuff! She drive a brand new civic (which in my town you see more civics with rice mufflers driven by punks than TA's period not mentioning WS6's)
I am 24 have 2 more years of mechanical engineering school left, at least, and buying this car DOES NOT put me in a financial bind at all mind you.
I will be getting rid of my GTP with 97,000 on it for the TA so the question is;

I know opinions may be biased on the site towards this but everything aside

(1) Am I being irrational? I have wanted a TA ever since I restored a 78 with my dad when I was in HS.
(2) Is the TA with a TR 224 cam going to kill me on gas vs the GTP which does around 220-22 in town and 26 or so on HWY
Any guy who has a small minded G/F like that can tell her to suck my left nipple, that said coming from a Women with a gas guzzling, modified and loud WS6, but if I were you I'd tell her to suck my left nut

My Man does to his what he wants to, I do to mine what I want to. It's better when you both have a car interest, mine's still going strong 5 yrs later and I've had 2 T/A's before I even hooked up with him.

Last edited by racer88; 08-23-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Just reading the post made me pissed off, dont let that bitch control your life, get the car, boot her *** to the curb, the T/A will get TONS of chicks
Old 08-23-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Buy the TA. Launch the GF.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badjuju342
You only live once and ya can't take it with ya......

EXACTLY. Get what YOU want.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

If this will not effect your ability to pay your bills in any way, then I don't see how she has a leg to stand on. Just tell her that you are going to get the car and she will have to get over it. If she doesn't want to see you happy, then kick her a@@ out the door.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:32 AM
TMF
On The Tree

Get the TA, get some new T&A. Tell her about the gas mileage, I just got 27.7
Old 08-24-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Take a drive on the highway, average 28-30 mpg (if its a m6) and tell her to shut the pie hole.

Ryan
Old 08-25-2005, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Someone who has a civic says T.A.s are for immature punks? WOW...just wow, is she blind to the thousands of KIDS driving riced out CIVICS. I say buy the TA, as for the GF take her for a ride in it, if she still doesn't understand then I would say a mushroom tattoo and a trip to the curb would be in order for her. lol
Old 08-25-2005, 11:56 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by slowcamaro
car > girl
this blatantly truthful logic outweighs anything else that has been said. well done.

Brad
Old 09-19-2005, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My girlfriend hates camaros... except mine. Take her for a ride and she'll stfu.

Quick Reply: should you buy a trans am if... (gf complaining)