New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to track for first time this saturday!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to track for first time this saturday!

ME and my buddy plan on heading out to ennis dragstrip 1/4, and i cant wait, but was wondering if theres anything i need to do for prep, im goin to remove rear seats, spare, jack, and show up with about 1/4 of gas. anything else i need to do? thanks
Old 08-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Launching!

have a little less pressure in rear tires, little more in the front. i couldn't tell u how to launch an m6 w/o spinning though. ive heard to feather the clutch with out stalling.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With stock tires I ran my best time with 18 psi. You'll prolly want to run around the same. Traction control...don't forget to turn it off. I have a problem with my windshield fogging up when running on the track (and I know others with f-bodies that have the same problem) so be prepared to throw on the defroster if it happens. Hopefully it won't though. Is this your first time racing Ever, or just with this car?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you plan on putting the rear seats back in don't bother taking them out in the first place. There easy enough to take out, but if you want to re-install them properly you'll need thread lock, etc. Not a huge deal, just more work than the 30pds or so taking them out is worth.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If its your first time at the track ever I would say to drive around the waterbox, then back in a little bit if you are going to do a burnout. However with street tires I don't think you even need to do more than spin them a little to clean them off. Besides that, just sit and watch for a little bit, then go give it a try yourself. Also, most tracks require you to have a helmet if you are running in the 13's or lower.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Regular

Get your Nitto's good and sticky, ride the clutch off the line and then shift as fast as you can. Also don't be surprised if you break your 10 bolt.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't gut the car on your first visit. Get some baseline runs on the car as-is, that way when you go back you can monitor improvements with new mods, weight removal, etc...