Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help going faster!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Default i need help going faster!

gonna get a 85mm TSP lid(or does another company make them?), but dont know what maf to get?
the SLP or the granatelli Z06. and whats this "jumper harness" thing about? do i need it? (i have a 2000)

and also what size slick (et Streets) do i put on 16x8 wheels? :help: (the car is lowered if that matters)

:worship:

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS 2; 11-02-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a way to tune for a new (non-oem) MAF? If not, You'd be better off leaving your MAF alone. I may also have a new TSP 85mm lid for sale in the next day or so. PM me if you are interested

Last edited by TAQuickness; 11-01-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Default tires

I have M\T 26/10.5/16 on my stock rims a little hard to get on over lip on rim but work well for me with 511rwhp before I tour up motor.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

i know the poblem!!! You need VTEC!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
To you have a way to tune for a new (non-oem) MAF? If not, You'd be better off leaving your MAF alone. I may also have a new TSP 85mm lid for sale in the next day or so. PM me if you are interested
yeah sean freese at Fastech
you gonna sell your maf with it?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

is there anything BAD about the SLPs 85mm maf?? there 20 bucks cheaper new,and there a CRAP loads of them forsale used....
Old 11-01-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS 2
yeah sean freese at Fastech
you gonna sell your maf with it?
I'd consider it - PM sent
Old 11-01-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

you should get rid of the slp headers imho
Old 11-02-2005, 05:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

is there anything BAD about the SLPs 85mm maf?? there 20 bucks cheaper new,and there a CRAP loads of them forsale used....
2 points.

1. If there's loads for sale then it means people are wanting shot of them.

2. The stock MAF should be no where near it's limit, unless you're running FI and 500rwhp+, so any gains you would get from a bigger MAF would just be delusions as all it will have done is alter how the car runs, it will not have generated any extra bhp.

Personally, unless you have need for a bigger MAF, leave the stocker alone. There are far more worth while mods out there.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:43 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol! You are obsessed with BHP!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Lol! You are obsessed with BHP!
well yes and no really, but only because that's what our engines are rated in. KW could be used, but in all honesty I prefer the BHP rating. PS is metric so it's a no no. And HP doesn't mean a great deal on it's own as there are many types of HP - iHP, DBHP, and many more.

When we dyno our cars or engines, on either a rolling road chassis dyno or engine dyno we do not actually measure HP, we measure torque in lb ft, this is done via a BRAKE device. Commonly it is a large electro magnet type device, but could be friction based or even load based such as water loading.

A calculation is then used to derive HP

HP = torque x rpms / 5252

So for the essence of correctness, any HP output used as reference to our cars should be stated as BHP. If it's at the flywheel it should be stated as such, although it is often assumed BHP means flywheel. This is an inaccurate common belief. If you are referring to power at the wheels then it should rightly be reffered to as rwbhp. As it is HP dervied from measuring torque via a brake device with the reading taken from the rear wheels of the car.

Admittidly, it then gets confusing from here on, with things such as SAE Net. This is a 'standard' set by the Society of Automotive Engineers. It has nothing to do with the calculation used to measure HP, so all readings will still be displayed as BHP. What it does do is outline exactly HOW and where the reading should be taken. These include engine accessories, ambiant temps, humidity, altitude and so on.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

hmm well i just dont want to choke down my LSX 90/90 setup. and we did some playing around on the dyno and my volant is REALLY choking down my CFM. we switched to regualar lid, didnt changte ANYTHING else and gain 6hp. and that was on a LS1 manifold! (not LSX)
so i want to get rid of my volant and i figured why hold back, just go for the 85mm setup
ok heres what i want...
http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...ProductID=1151

specific question #1: do i need a jumper/ adapter thing? if so where do i get one?
specific question #2: will this mess with my tune? or make it difficult to tune?
specific question #3: whats required in converting to speed density? what parts? is there a kit? explain what SD is and how is different/better.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

hmm well i just dont want to choke down my LSX 90/90 setup. and we did some playing around on the dyno and my volant is REALLY choking down my CFM. we switched to regualar lid, didnt changte ANYTHING else and gain 6hp. and that was on a LS1 manifold! (not LSX)
so i want to get rid of my volant and i figured why hold back, just go for the 85mm setup
ok heres what i want...
http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...ProductID=1151

specific question #1: do i need a jumper/ adapter thing? if so where do i get one?
specific question #2: will this mess with my tune? or make it difficult to tune?
specific question #3: whats required in converting to speed density? what parts? is there a kit? explain what SD is and how is different/better.

what the hell! im not a new owner! ive had this thing for 4 years.. and got a mod list as long as my leg.... and this is a tech question.... why put it in here?
anyway well can anyone answer my questions?

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS 2; 11-03-2005 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Launching!

what the hell! im not a new owner! ive had this thing for 4 years.. and got a mod list as long as my leg.... and this is a tech question.... why put it in here?
anyway well can anyone answer my questions?
did you just quote yourself?