New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Trans Am or 96 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, as fate would have it, the T/A has been sold. I called this morning and the dealer told me they sold it yesterday. It's too bad, but i guess life must go on. The problem is that i'm car less right now so i have to get transportation from my parents. I know some of you guys have said the LT1 is not as good as the LS1's, but it looks like i may be heading in that direction. Your talking to a guy who had a 3.8L Firebird (which is still great by no means) but 285hp will feel damn good to me!! There's a 97 T/A for sale. I'll be looking at it this Thursday. It's silver and is a 6 speed. Judging from the pic it looks fairly clean. Here's the link ...... http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...2&adid=4568053 Again, thanks for everyones help. It's much appreciated!!! I guess i won't waste my gas and drive 30 minutes away to see the SS.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Where are you located firefighter1? I can help you look one up.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by firefighter1
Well, as fate would have it, the T/A has been sold. I called this morning and the dealer told me they sold it yesterday. It's too bad, but i guess life must go on. The problem is that i'm car less right now so i have to get transportation from my parents. I know some of you guys have said the LT1 is not as good as the LS1's, but it looks like i may be heading in that direction. Your talking to a guy who had a 3.8L Firebird (which is still great by no means) but 285hp will feel damn good to me!! There's a 97 T/A for sale. I'll be looking at it this Thursday. It's silver and is a 6 speed. Judging from the pic it looks fairly clean. Here's the link ...... http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...2&adid=4568053 Again, thanks for everyones help. It's much appreciated!!! I guess i won't waste my gas and drive 30 minutes away to see the SS.
That HP rating is just that a rating. LT1s are slightly underrated. In decent condition a BONE STOCK M6 will put down between 255-270 RWHP. A4s between 240-260 RWHP. Most of the bashing on here is not warranted on the car. They are NOT hard to work on. Respond well to mods, have a big aftermarket and can be made really fast. The hardest one I have ever worked on was in my old 92 Vette and that was because everything on a C4 is hard to get to. Everything has been CAKE to work on on my 97 I love the engine.

But looking at this car, that price is too much for that car. You should be able to find an LS1 with the same mileage for that price. You can find an LT1 like that for around $7000-$5500 depending on condition.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by firefighter1
Yeah, this 97 ta looks way better than that ss.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00 SLVR Z
Where are you located firefighter1? I can help you look one up.

I'm located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Believe me, if i lived in the U.S it would be real easy to find one on the autotrader. Unfortunetly, the autotrader here, doesn't have to many f-bodies for sale.There are tones of 99-03 Mustang GT's for sale at good prices, maybe i should buy one of those!!!