Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Body Secrets

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:09 AM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Body Secrets

Anyone ever start a thread like this? http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...ad.php?t=51681

Thought it might be cool to do something like that for the F-Bodies.

Off the top of my head, though it's not a secret, I've always got a kick out of the little lights right by the door handles on my SS. Never even knew they were there until I rode in another F-Body and they caught my eye. Something small, kinda cool though.

Is there anything with the F-Bodies that allows us to check codes like the C5's?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:49 AM
12 Second Club

Those are pretty sweet! Anyone know of any for the f-bodies?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering its an f-body and its gm making it, I would imagine the extra care and thought that went into the Vettes were the equivalent of two top brass guys getting drunk and saying let's see what happens if we put the vette engine in the f-body, then the next morning going oh **** what have we done? its now as fast as the vette and a hell of a lot cheaper... more booze later... fixed we underrate the f-body and hope no one notices...

on a serious note... improvements over a thirdgen.. plenty... details as good as a vette... none...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Interesting thread... but "If you have the passive entry feature: If you lock your keys in the car, wait a few minutes and then shake the car. That will unlock the car."??? That seems kind of bizarre.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

"If you have a 6-speed car you can pop the trunk when the car is running by lifting the e-brake." Reading through them real quick i know that one works on my 02 TA.

"If you pull the seatbelts all the way out while you're buckled in, they ratchet back in to hold you tighter into the seat" That usually works on all GM cars/trucks

Off topic but on a silverado with turn signal outside mirrors, if you set the rocker switch in the center and push the adjustment left the outside mirrors will fold in towards the side windows. (Most owners don't know that and it works really slick when in a tight spot.)

Quick Reply: F-Body Secrets