Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z or WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Poor analogy, and not true. If I could leave home with either four quarters or a one dollar bill in my pocket, right now, I really really really do not have a preference for one or the other. That does not mean I am going to sit here for eternity without choosing.

I would flip one of the quarters and let it decide.

They are over priced. I would almost always pick pewter over red though. I think WS6's look mean and %&$&, but would never want a red one.
What about 10 dimes?

Just kidding, good analogy though, and very well said.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

WS6, they just look sooo much better IMO.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bah you are all soooo full of ****. everyone has a preference between cars even if you don't wanna admit it. if i came over to your house and switched your car with the same mods, miles and color, just switched the make, you'd be upset...or really happy...

you can't be completely unbiased. that's why we're stuck with this shitty 2 party system that doesn't work. well...i don't really like him, but he's a democrat so i'll vote for him...

i admit i'd rather have a firebird. who else is with me? i say to the thread starter, pretend this is the ONLY car you'd ever own in your life and buy accordingly. or see if you can get both owners to line 'em up and race for the sale!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Launching!

WS6= camaro=
Old 06-26-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
bah you are all soooo full of ****. everyone has a preference between cars even if you don't wanna admit it. if i came over to your house and switched your car with the same mods, miles and color, just switched the make, you'd be upset...or really happy...

you can't be completely unbiased. that's why we're stuck with this shitty 2 party system that doesn't work. well...i don't really like him, but he's a democrat so i'll vote for him...

i admit i'd rather have a firebird. who else is with me? i say to the thread starter, pretend this is the ONLY car you'd ever own in your life and buy accordingly. or see if you can get both owners to line 'em up and race for the sale!
Why is it so hard to believe that some of us dont really care about the trim? If you came to my house tonight and put a Z in my driveway with the same mods as I have to my Formula, Id pimp the **** out of it and say cool, no more flip up headlights.

If you came back the next day and put the formula back, id once again pimp the **** out of it and say cool, WS6 hood.

I wanted to buy an F Body for the LS1. I didnt want an LT1, I didnt want a mustang so between those vehicles, yes, I would be biased and choose the LS1 hands down.

I'll state it again. When I went car shopping, I was looking for a LS1. I went and looked at multiple Camaros and TA's and took the one with the best mileage for the price, which turned out to by my WS6 Formula.

If I would have found a Camaro with the same amount of miles for the same price, I would have haggled both dealers until one was cheaper than the other, then I would have bought that car.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chadtx01
When I went car shopping, I was looking for a LS1. I went and looked at multiple Camaros and TA's and took the one with the best mileage for the price
And that is what I did. I got what I got because it was an incredibly good deal. (only ~$14k back in 2001 with 32k miles, with a little bit of factory warranty left!)

Each F-car has it's ups and downs as far as I am concerned, and balance each other out.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
And that is what I did. I got what I got because it was an incredibly good deal. (only ~$14k back in 2001 with 32k miles, with a little bit of factory warranty left!)

Each F-car has it's ups and downs as far as I am concerned, and balance each other out.
Same here. Back in November I bought my car with 72k miles on it, for 9500. I could've afforded to buy a newer one and pay more, but this way, She'll be paid off by the end of the year, I'll be able to buy my duramax and really start dumping some money into the car.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TOS98SS
WS6 why not get all the bell and whisles and higher resale value and the ugraded suspention
If the cars going to be modded, all the bells and whistles don't mean much. So basically, do you like the Ws6 hood? Do you want cloth seats in the camaro?

And resale on these cars isn't great period ... so the premium on SS's and Ws6's isn't something that would sway me on which car I was going to buy especially if you plan on keeping it for a while. I had the option for an SS ... but chose my Z28.

All that being said, the Ws6 has some very sexy lines and looks mean as hell comin up in the rear view. But I'm partial to camaro's
Old 06-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Launching!

I think most people, whether they say it or not, like the looks of LS1 TA's over Camaro's... (*finds cover* )

It just seems that way to me....

In this case....I think you might want to go with the Camaro actually..

You could have all bolt ons, and a cam and a tune easily...maybe some new heads...

But it sounds like you like the WS6 more...so...

Good luck
Old 06-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Resident

Why is it so hard to believe that some of us dont really care about the trim? If you came to my house tonight and put a Z in my driveway with the same mods as I have to my Formula, Id pimp the **** out of it and say cool, no more flip up headlights.

If you came back the next day and put the formula back, id once again pimp the **** out of it and say cool, WS6 hood.

I wanted to buy an F Body for the LS1. I didnt want an LT1, I didnt want a mustang so between those vehicles, yes, I would be biased and choose the LS1 hands down.

I'll state it again. When I went car shopping, I was looking for a LS1. I went and looked at multiple Camaros and TA's and took the one with the best mileage for the price, which turned out to by my WS6 Formula.

If I would have found a Camaro with the same amount of miles for the same price, I would have haggled both dealers until one was cheaper than the other, then I would have bought that car.
because i've never met a perfect person before. everyone's gotta have some bias. i just feel it's easy to say you don't care. you love them both, i get that. i believe that. i just feel that if you were given the choice of 2 cars, same mods, same color, same miles, same EVERYTHING, just one's a camaro and one's a firebird, you would not do eenie-meenie-minie-mo, you would sit for a couple days and weigh your options, make an informed decision and pick one.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know where exactly you got the idea that being laid back in the sense that I would like a Camaro or a Trans am makes me a perfect person but its whatever.

You need to start looking at things in a real world perspective as opposed to a dream world where somebody is giving away free low mileage ls1 f-bodies.

If it helps you understand it better, I'll put it like this. There will never be a point in my life where a man walks up with two sets of keys and says here, pick one. There will be a time in my life where I find a car that I want to buy at a dealership. Lets say its car A.

I check the classifieds and I find another car, same mods, same mileage, only its a Camaro where as car A was a TA, we'll call the Camaro car B.

I'm gonna look at both car A and B, then I'm gonna start haggling with both salesmen. The salesman for car A gives me a good deal, the salesman for car B gives me a gret deal.

What does that mean? It means I'm driving home in a Camaro, and I couldn't be any happier because I finally got what I've wanted for a number of years. A LS1 F-Body.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

I see a lot of Camaros on the road, but very few SS Camaros.
I see a heck of a lot more WS6's than regular TA's or SS Camaros. I think the WS6's were waaayyyy too popular when they were new and now everyone has one...or they buy the badges and the hood to make their regular TA look like one.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Get the Z and then take the extra $4k and upgrade the crap out of it!!!
/thread
Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

man, this has been a really cool thread. i know for sure i will be happy with either one. but i guess it came down to the monthly payment. but damn, those ws6 are nice.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Get the WS6 if it's a keeper, you won't regret later on down the line. You COULD have $4k to mod the Z instantly, but later on you'll still just have a Z. Buy the WS6, and you'll probably modify it gradually over time but in the end it'll always be a WS6.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Resident

I dont know where exactly you got the idea that being laid back in the sense that I would like a Camaro or a Trans am makes me a perfect person but its whatever.

You need to start looking at things in a real world perspective as opposed to a dream world where somebody is giving away free low mileage ls1 f-bodies.

If it helps you understand it better, I'll put it like this. There will never be a point in my life where a man walks up with two sets of keys and says here, pick one. There will be a time in my life where I find a car that I want to buy at a dealership. Lets say its car A.

I check the classifieds and I find another car, same mods, same mileage, only its a Camaro where as car A was a TA, we'll call the Camaro car B.

I'm gonna look at both car A and B, then I'm gonna start haggling with both salesmen. The salesman for car A gives me a good deal, the salesman for car B gives me a gret deal.

What does that mean? It means I'm driving home in a Camaro, and I couldn't be any happier because I finally got what I've wanted for a number of years. A LS1 F-Body.
making up a scenario is the only way to find out what your preference truly is. since you like both, you'll just shop for an LS1. however, the thread starter i'm sure has a bias, even if it is small. you yourself even has a bias even if you don't know it. i laid out a scenario to try and uncover it but you're being too difficult. i'm suggesting the thread starter try and figure out what his bias is because even if it's small, he has one. it may be a little bias now, but after driving the car for awhile, it may bubble up into a big regret and i don't want him to regret his decision. drive both, inspect both, and buy the one you think looks the best and feels the best to drive. the two may have the same components but they are both a totally different feel. i love my firebird's interior. i'm not as crazy about the camaro's. he may feel differently. since the miles/condition are the same, he has to ask himself if he'd rather drive a camaro or a firebird. THAT'S the biggest issue here.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

the WS6 is no joke. i love seeing peoples faces in there rear view when i pull up behind them. i think it should be between an SS or Ws6.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
making up a scenario is the only way to find out what your preference truly is. since you like both, you'll just shop for an LS1. however, the thread starter i'm sure has a bias, even if it is small. you yourself even has a bias even if you don't know it. i laid out a scenario to try and uncover it but you're being too difficult. i'm suggesting the thread starter try and figure out what his bias is because even if it's small, he has one. it may be a little bias now, but after driving the car for awhile, it may bubble up into a big regret and i don't want him to regret his decision. drive both, inspect both, and buy the one you think looks the best and feels the best to drive. the two may have the same components but they are both a totally different feel. i love my firebird's interior. i'm not as crazy about the camaro's. he may feel differently. since the miles/condition are the same, he has to ask himself if he'd rather drive a camaro or a firebird. THAT'S the biggest issue here.
I think you watch too much Dr. Phil. On a few threads you have given good advice, but you need to understand that just because you believe it, doesnt make it right.

Stop trying to analyze me, because you wont be successful. Don't tell me I'm biased because you know nothing about me and stop assuming stuff. If the orginal poster had that big of a biased, he wouldnt have to post asking for advice.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

some people care and some people dont.

some people like the showy agressive look of a WS6, some people like the sleek muscle car look of a Z28.

and some people really dont care!

Dont ask other people what they like, get what you like. And dont buy a car for its resale value. but which ever one you like more. its that simple.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

I had a 01 WS6 2 cars before my GTO. Wish I never got rid of it. I would pick that hands down over a Z. Ask me the same question between an SS and a WS6 I would have to think about it, both look mean.
You can mod almost any car all you want and make it fast, but still important which styling you prefer.