Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z or WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chadtx01
I think you watch too much Dr. Phil. On a few threads you have given good advice, but you need to understand that just because you believe it, doesnt make it right.

Stop trying to analyze me, because you wont be successful. Don't tell me I'm biased because you know nothing about me and stop assuming stuff. If the orginal poster had that big of a biased, he wouldnt have to post asking for advice.
hey, my intent was never to analyze you. i was giving the thread starter the advice that his choice should be between the make since the cars are so similar before the color. i'd rather drive a red WS6 than any camaro, even though red isn't my favorite color. you're the one that called me crazy for the recommendation. you started it
Old 06-28-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never said you were crazy. I dont know what your mental state is, dont really care.

I said you were wrong when you said everybody is biased between the cars, and I still stand by that.

No point in talking about it anymore and cluttering up the baord, I'm sure he was more than enough info to make his choice.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not biased I like them both. I bought a camaro because it was the first car i ever liked and i never had one. My next car may be a transam.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yo Pink taco you've only had that Formula for a month and all of a sudden your a ******* a genius with LS1's?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Yo Pink taco you've only had that Formula for a month and all of a sudden your a ******* a genius with LS1's?

We don't need this.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
We don't need this.
It's straight, I'm done.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They are both overpriced man. I'd get the Z over the WS6 though. Spend the 4k you saved to make the Z look better than a WS6. I think WS6s look mean and that it stops there. An SS looks soooo classy. . .It's a smooth sexy look that the WS6 doesn't have
Old 06-29-2006, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

I'd get the WS6 without a doubt, I like Camaro's but I'd never own one.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Definately the WS6.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Teching In

honestly, and i dont know why i think like this, but if i bought a WS6 id keep it stock, if i boutght a Z28 id mod the hell out of it, make it into a sleeper, just my 02 cents. I like the way the ws6 looks better then the z28 but theyll go the same speed. And for the pricing, id go with the Z
Old 06-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaroz
yes i've owned an LS1 for 6 weeks but have had an f-body for 3 years. one of my best friends has both a father and a brother who own shops that i have been around many time, i'm aware of what it takes to work on cars, i'm consistantly around car freaks and consistantly take in knowledge. review my post history. i would be surprised if you knew more than me about the physics of cars. i am an engineering student at Drexel University and know quite a bit about physics/science/math. if you're finished berating me even though i never said i'm a genius about LS1's, we can continue this.

believe it or not, you don't have to own a car to know a lot about it. you can learn quite a bit by reading about them, being around them and working around them. i'm sure the world's best mechanics haven't owned every differerent car in the world, yet they can still fix pretty much everything. amazing.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Teching In

I just wanna make this thread continue forever. Maybe we can start a Psych. forum on here to determine the mentality of the Camaro or Firebird owners.

Anyways, my two cents. I own a WS6 and I used to own a Z28. Both have been great, except the WS6 has some lemon issues. But I am gonna stick it out. Before people start analyzing me, I didn't get rid of my Z, it just managed to do cartwheels in someones front yard while I was deployed overseas. For the prices being asked, I'd just go hunt down a Vette. Yeah, you're gonna get higher miles and lose the clutch/slave cylinder/and gain EGR, but you're gonna mod those out anyways. To me a Corvette carries it all, sleek and sexy, straighline and corners. It is a great sportscar. And yes, I would trade my WS6 (or my old Z28) for a same year Vette. Any takers?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

well IDK about all you guys but i like my Q-cumbers better pickeled...lol,

my .02 is get the z, cuz i don't like red. i do own a ls1 z, so whatever, get what you want, or the better deal, regaurdless of what you get your always going to want to make it liik better and go faster, for most ppl anyway
Old 06-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Teching In

I'd go with the ws6 cause you just can't beat the look.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

i love my 99 SS with my life.. but thats an ss.. if it were up to me, between a Z or a WS6 i would wicked pick the ws6. and i am probably one of the biggest camaro fans ever. (i have owned an 81 Z28 since i was born, and have owned an 82 z, still own a 96 z and my 99 ss) the ws6 just looks amazing! but still, its up to you.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by chadtx01
Get whichever one you get a better deal on. They are both low mileage and they are basically the same car. Do you wanna pay an extra 4000 dollars for the mythical extra 25 hp thats really not even there?
you actually belive this????? it's not there huh? wow here, you can go here and if thats not proof enough you can always find a bone stock Z and race a bone stock WS6 and dyno them or you can go here hp ratings

anyway i'd get the WS6, i have a camaro myself but i wanted an SS, you just see alot more Z28's on the road than WS6 T/A's or SS Camaro's. and i've always hated that pewter color too look at the other different options in the cars, transmission, gear ratio, traction control, t-tops or not etc etc etc gotta look at those things so you'll get that you want
Old 06-29-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Default my $.02

I like the look of the WS6 more than an SS BUT I don't like the Pontiacs buttons. in fact i hate them and i hate the greyish color as well as the door speakers always getting in your way when you try and get out of the door.

I went with a Chevy b/c:
1. Sleak look
2. I love the black interior and solid black steering wheel buttons and steering wheel
3. Lighter = Faster
4. I don't like the plastic on the back of the seats (pontiac).
Old 06-29-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
yes i've owned an LS1 for 6 weeks but have had an f-body for 3 years. one of my best friends has both a father and a brother who own shops that i have been around many time, i'm aware of what it takes to work on cars
Whoopdie doo I also have been to countless shops of friends but watching doesn't do much now does it experience does.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

I would take that z with 4 grand in mods over the ws6 anyday.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000HTSS
you actually belive this????? it's not there huh? wow here, you can go here and if thats not proof enough you can always find a bone stock Z and race a bone stock WS6 and dyno them or you can go here hp ratings

The extra 25 hp he mentions IS mythical. Notice your link is horsepower ratings, not actual power.

The WS6/SS really doesn't make any more power than the Formula/Z28 unless it came equipped with (overpriced) Y2Y options from SLP. The Corvette doesn't even make more power than the F-body.

The WS6 certainly does not make $4k worth of additional power. Maybe $100 worth....maybe.